Anyone Had Trouble With Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Had Trouble With Tickets

I just wondered if anyone have had probs getting their flight tickets etc, as im still waiting for mine, i have phoned them 3 times and emailed them too but the excuse is cause of the plane thing a few weeks ago
    *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
    http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Re: Anyone Had Trouble With Tickets

My daughter has flown a lot in the past few weeks and receives e-tickets with no delays or problems. All of her flights have been domestic altho' in October she'll be flying to Africa via London. She's mentioned no problems with that ticket.

What airline is giving you problems?

Oh...wait...I just realized you're in England. Could that be the problem?
    Last edited by tutusue; August 31, 2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Do you need the paper ticket in hand in advance to fly, still? The last few trips I've booked trips, it was all online, all virtual, 'til I printed my own boarding pass at home the night before or via a kiosk at the airport. Waiting for something to be mailed to you these days seems pretty quaint!

Comment

im going with virgin atlantic , if they dont come in time i just go to the virgin desk at the airport, im just getting a little stressed over nothing , as long as i got my confirmation i should think ill be ok, when they do come ill soon let you know and yes i live in england

Comment

Don't they do E-Tickets over in england?

Just about every ticket we get here is by e-ticket online...... and if you want a paper ticket..... you get charged a crazy fee for it.

Hope you get it soon.
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

E-ticket is what most of the airliner do to cut cost and it is indeed convenient for travelers. Just be caucious when purchasing E-ticket from discount source, such as priceline, or cheaptickets. Some time they claim to have sold you an 'E-ticket', but airliner doesn't acknowledge it, even with a receipt that indicate it is an E-ticket. My wife is an airline agent, many times she sees traveler bring in invalid E-ticket and end dealing with lots of trouble. That is why they are cheap tickets.... But if you are purchasing ticket directly from airliner's website, there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by liy
              Just be caucious when purchasing E-ticket from discount source, such as priceline, or cheaptickets. Some time they claim to have sold you an 'E-ticket', but airliner doesn't acknowledge it, even with a receipt that indicate it is an E-ticket.
              So, what is your advice? Are you saying to not purchase from a discount source? "Just be cautious", ... how? Please share your experience on ticketing knowledge with us. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreaming
                I just wondered if anyone have had probs getting their flight tickets etc, as im still waiting for mine, i have phoned them 3 times and emailed them too but the excuse is cause of the plane thing a few weeks ago
                I'm just confused as to what the situation is. You seemed to have left out information that would help other address your problem. Like, from where did you purchase your tickets? If you purchase your tickets online from anywhere, it costs extra to get paper tickets. All you need to board the plane is a confirmation number by just entering it in at the computer kiosk near the airline desk which prints your boarding pass. The only way to get paper tickets (that I know of) is sometimes over the phone or at a travel agent. But still, I believe it’s an extra cost to get the paper tickets actually mailed to you. Most of the time the person on the phone or the travel agent will give you a confirmation number; the same one you receive online.

Also, what do you mean by “but the excuse is cause of the plane thing a few weeks ago”? Are you referring to the foiled terrorist attack in the UK? Since you live in the UK, there may be a problem with getting a ticket, but that goes back to my first assumption which is that they’re probably not sending you a paper ticket unless you specifically requested one (which again, most likely costs extra). Here in the US nowadays, it’s rare to receive paper tickets, but even so, the security level wouldn’t be as high as it would be in the UK, so I doubt others here would be having problems receiving their tickets, since most likely almost everyone receives them instantly online (with a confirmation number). It just seems like there are a lot assumptions in your question which don’t really apply to a lot of people.

As far as the risk of not receiving a boarding pass when purchasing tickets online from CheapTickets.com or others, I’ve never heard of such a thing. I know there are some restrictions if you buy “super saver” tickets. But like I said, all you need is a confirmation number. If that doesn’t work, then it’s the online company’s (i.e. CheapTicket.com) problem.
                -Arturo

Comment

i didnt book online, i phoned them direct , so i get tickets not a e- ticket ,i have done this for years and had no probs, i was just asking if anyone elses was late coming ,so ones with e-tickets donot apply lol

Comment

i didnt book online, i phoned them direct , so i get tickets not a e- ticket ,i have done this for years and had no probs, i was just asking if anyone elses was late coming ,so ones with e-tickets donot apply lol
                    That's what I mean though. For one thing I don't think there are many, if not any, people who still purchase their tickets from the phone. Not only that, but for someone to actually to help you with the situation, they would have had to buy their tickets from the same airline as you did as well as essentially from the UK. It’s just strange that you would assume 1. That someone had actually recently purchased a ticket, 2. That someone bought their ticket from the phone, 3. They bought it from the same airline, 4. That they bought it using the same origin and destination city, and 5. They bought it from the UK, where security is tighter than in the US. It just seems like a better question would have been, “I was just wondering if someone has recently bought a ticket from Virgin Atlantic over the phone and if they had trouble receiving their tickets in a reasonable amount of time.”
                    -Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                      That's what I mean though. For one thing I don't think there are many, if not any, people who still purchase their tickets from the phone. Not only that, but for someone to actually to help you with the situation, they would have had to buy their tickets from the same airline as you did as well as essentially from the UK. It’s just strange that you would assume 1. That someone had actually recently purchased a ticket, 2. That someone bought their ticket from the phone, 3. They bought it from the same airline, 4. That they bought it using the same origin and destination city, and 5. They bought it from the UK, where security is tighter than in the US. It just seems like a better question would have been, “I was just wondering if someone has recently bought a ticket from Virgin Atlantic over the phone and if they had trouble receiving their tickets in a reasonable amount of time.”
                      -Arturo
                      sorry i asked

Comment

anyway my tickets came this morning so everything is ok now

Comment

sorry i asked
                          I was just trying to find out what kind of help or answers you were looking for so that maybe you can present your question a little better and receive better answers. No worries.
                          -Arturo
                          Last edited by arturo_h; September 2, 2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Sorry I was out of the loop for a little bit, honestly I never care what I have do when booking online with discount vendor because I don't, and I didn't mean to leave out any information. Now that I have asked my wife, this is what needs to be done to be sure your ticket is valid.

When you book online and on your receipt, make sure it includes a ticket #, this means your reservation is communicated to the airliner, and return you a ticket number. If you don't have a ticket #, call the airliner to confirm, usually they don't have your name on the reservation, then call your discount vendor to rebook you, make sure to get a ticket number. And even if you do get a ticket number the first time, to be 100% sure, call the airliner anyway to make sure your reservation is indeed received. You just have to do a little extra work to protect your less expensive ticket...

hope this help...

Comment

Originally posted by liy
                              Sorry I was out of the loop for a little bit, honestly I never care what I have do when booking online with discount vendor because I don't, and I didn't mean to leave out any information. Now that I have asked my wife, this is what needs to be done to be sure your ticket is valid.

When you book online and on your receipt, make sure it includes a ticket #, this means your reservation is communicated to the airliner, and return you a ticket number. If you don't have a ticket #, call the airliner to confirm, usually they don't have your name on the reservation, then call your discount vendor to rebook you, make sure to get a ticket number. And even if you do get a ticket number the first time, to be 100% sure, call the airliner anyway to make sure your reservation is indeed received. You just have to do a little extra work to protect your less expensive ticket...

hope this help...
                              Good advice, thanks for the info.
                              -Arturo

Comment

Working...
                              X