Bumpy Kanahele. Support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumpy Kanahele. Support.

ok, gang. I am poppin in for just a moment to make a lil announcement.
    Notwithstanding the perception that Kimo55 spews bile, according to Leo lakio, or that Kimo55 should be found face down in a ditch somewhere, as TackyYakky has voiced...
    I still find a need at the moment, to adress the numerous local viewers on this site and do something daring: may I now introduce a Hawaiian subject thread.... to Hawaii threads?

ok;
    just want to bring to the attention of all and sundry, Bumpy Kanahele's latest endeavors.

For at least a couple decades, Mr. Kanahele has worked as an advocate to strengthen the traditional cultural authority of Na Kupuna in contemporary Hawaiian society.

He is currently a candidate for OHA trustee-at-large.

Regardless of your knowledge (or lack thereof,) of Bumpy's history or aspirations, please do check out his growing web site.

http://votebumpykanahele.com/

To those that are, to any degree, concerned with Native Hawaiians.
    To those that are, to any degree, concerned with the health and well being of kupuna.
    Please view the site.

mahalo!
    Kimo

Re: Bumpy Kanahele. Support.

Hey!!!

Stick around...have a beer or something!!!

Good to see you Kimo55... Will go check out his sight just for you!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
      Notwithstanding the perception that Kimo55 spews bile, according to Leo lakio
      Well...sometimes, you DO (or did) - doesn't mean we can't miss you.
      Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
      Regardless of your knowledge (or lack thereof,) of Bumpy's history or aspirations, please do check out his growing web site.
      Thanks for this.

Comment

I think those that know of him...know that he did what he thought he could...and many are glad that hes back into things....
        Those that know of him... maybe confused by him...
        And I think that those that hated him before... will stop probably not like him in the future...

And yeah... I'm talking about Bumpy...

Comment

Well this certainly is interesting:

http://www.bumpykanahele.com/malamafirst/

Wonder if I can pick one up in Radio Shack. I'm fresh out of snake oil.

Comment

I didn't know who he was but saw a clip of him on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Well this certainly is interesting:

http://www.bumpykanahele.com/malamafirst/

Wonder if I can pick one up in Radio Shack. I'm fresh out of snake oil.
              I don't have the answer to the question I'm about to pose but I'm interested to know how you feel as you're in the health care field. That is...

Do you feel that Bumpy's association with Malama First and bioenergetics will impact his ability to serve on OHA? I'm not saying you insinuated that; just that I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I don't have the answer to the question I'm about to pose but I'm interested to know how you feel as you're in the health care field. That is...

Do you feel that Bumpy's association with Malama First and bioenergetics will impact his ability to serve on OHA? I'm not saying you insinuated that; just that I'm curious.

I really have some reservations about someone who would wholeheartedly embrace and endorse this claim:

"The Wellness program produces a full health analysis after only 3 measurements.

Recommendations are performed in order to improve the client's vitality and adaptive capacity with the beamer and light pen. As might be considered as common knowledge, vitality is just a matter of maintaining a dynamic energy balance."

Beam me up, Bumpy.

This stuff reminds me of earlier pseudo-scientific quackery devices:

http://www.collectmedicalantiques.com/quack.html

http://www.cl.utoledo.edu/canaday/quackery/quack6.gif

http://www.sparkmuseum.com/QUACK.HTM

Same concept, different century, IMHO.

I actually do know of a person who went to Bumpy for treatment. She was terminally ill and has sinced passed away (she also was treated with conventional therapies). I hope whatever transpired during the treatment sessions gave her some peace.

Comment

I voted for Bumpy. Did my mail in ballot, it's sealed and ready to be mailed.

I like the Hawaiian communities he's building out in Waimanalo and like the fact that he's toned down his aggressive/forceful attitude. He's more of a "get something done" kind of guy now.

Plus I work with someone whose family is close to him. He had a wedding party at the compound and he has good things to say about Bumpy. I respect the guy so based on his endorsement and his recent change in attitude, he's the kind of leader I like.

edit: great read here:

http://homepage.mac.com/juanwilson/i...vereignty.html
                  Last edited by 808shooter; October 24, 2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Seems to me this fellow represents the awakening of Hawaiians to the realities of where political power truly exists. The sovmov is mostly pretend in my opinion. But when Kanehele, Kawananakoa, Aiona, et al. start to get elected, using democratic processes, suddenly there is sense of reality in the way Hawaiians are seeking power.

The sovmov is the dead horse that has been beaten for nearly 20 years. This years election is just like an earthquake that will help people see where they should focus their energies if they truly are seeking leadership positions.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure some of the pretenders will continue with the make-believe. But the smart folk know how to seek real power using elections.

Tonight's entree, TRUTH, will be served with "Slap-in-the-face" sauce.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                    X