Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt for Heisman

Brennan, not McCoy.

I'm not a true UH fan, but I must admit that the stats they have been putting up on offense merits having Colt Brennan included in Heisman discussions. The stats the offense put up this year look like what I have (as Notre Dame on NCAA Football 07, difficulty level=Heisman).

Anyway, he is up against some stiff competition and probably won't win it this year, but what does everyone think about his chances next year (Troy Smith is beastin the game right now, as is Michael Hart), or the whole Colt/Heisman deal in general?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Colt for Heisman! (?)

I <3 Colt and wouldn't mind having his babies.

Seriously though, he's to be commended not only for his accomplishments on the field, but for the person he is off the field as well. Definitely not the kind of athlete I was used to when I was in school.

This just in: Colt Brennan named one of 3 finalists for Davey O'Brien Award
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

This is Colt's year to grab some attention.

Next year... he grabs the Heisman... If he sticks around and doesn't go to the NFL.

Hopefully, UH will have enough national exposure next year that it might become a possibility.

However, some of the Heisman pickers might think that he threw too many of the short easy shuttle passes to Ilaoa who actually picked up a lot of the "Receiving" yards.

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      Seriously though, he's to be commended not only for his accomplishments on the field, but for the person he is off the field as well. Definitely not the kind of athlete I was used to when I was in school.
      His attitude seems to have changed since arriving in Hawaii.
      He ran into some Legal troubles in his past:
      Brennan plead guilty of burglary and trespassing for his actions that evening. What sounds on the surface like a case of harassment -- entering a co-ed's room uninvited and not leaving -- is much more if you believe the victim's side of the story. Brennan says he was intoxicated and doesn't remember what happened.
      http://starbulletin.com/2005/06/26/sports/story1.html

Comment

Re: Colt for Heisman

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        His attitude seems to have changed since arriving in Hawaii.
        He ran into some Legal troubles in his past:

http://starbulletin.com/2005/06/26/sports/story1.html
        I'm very well aware of his legal troubles in the past as I was clued in by a mutual friend when he was still a recruit.

He's definitely not the same kind of person he was when he first stepped foot in Manoa.

I just hope that people can keep an open mind and not look down on him for the things he did when he was 18. I look back at the crap I got away with when I was a college freshman and it's a wonder how I never got arrested.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Colt's never gonna win the Heisman, even if he deserves to because of two things: weak schedule and June Jones. The WAC is generally considered one of the weakest conferences in college football, which is bullcrap, considering we have an all-time record of 29-23-2 in bowl games (the best in all the conferences). Boise State can't even crack the top 10 with their undefeated record.

And June Jones' pass-happy scheme is the one argument that most voters will use to hate on Colt and his accomplishments. Same thing happened with Timmy Chang a few years back. No one outside of Hawaii seemed to give him much credit for the QB records he was breaking.

I'd be surprised if he was even invited to the Heisman ceremony this year or next year. Usually, only the players in the power conferences like the SEC, Big 10 and Pac-10 get the love. Though there's always exceptions to the rule ie. Alex Smith when he was at Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
            Colt's never gonna win the Heisman, even if he deserves to because of two things: weak schedule and June Jones. The WAC is generally considered one of the weakest conferences in college football, which is bullcrap, considering we have an all-time record of 29-23-2 in bowl games (the best in all the conferences). Boise State can't even crack the top 10 with their undefeated record.
            How about Hawaii and Boise State break off from the weak WAC and join the Mountain West Conference?
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

If UH could support it's sports program independently without a conference I'd love to see that...

UH would then get to select games w/out the weak WAC teams.

Notre Dame doesn't belong to a conference!

If you look at Notre Dames schedule...they consistently have one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Comment

R U guys serious? Don't get me wrong, I think Colt's a good quarterback, but stats don't mean as much when your schedule is as weak as UHs. I don't think he'll leave early cuz he won't get drafted very high, first of all. I don't think the pro scouts are impressed with his throwing mechanics. He's not as tall or athletic as Vince Young, but has a similar side arm/ three-quarter arm delivery.

Also, like someone said earlier, a lot of his passing yardage comes from after the catch runs by his receivers and running backs. I'm not hating on Colt, but jeez let's be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  How about Hawaii and Boise State break off from the weak WAC and join the Mountain West Conference?
                  No. I don't think this is a good idea at all.

The thought of joining the "backstabbers" from the Mountain West makes me nauseous.

When they the group of six or seven deserters left the WAC to form the Mountain West, they made it very clear that they didn't value Hawaii as a member or think enough of us to even include them in their behind-the-scenes plotting.
                  I hate the idea of even playing BYU, Utah, UNLV, San Diego Colorado St and their ilk, as it only helps their recruiting efforts in the isles.

I like our current rivals, Fresno, Boise and Nevada just fine. We need a creampuff conference schedule and just schedule tough non-conference foes.

Now if the Pac10 came calling, that's another story...

Comment

So what makes for an "extraordinary situation" 10 million?

Next year, Brennan expects to remain in Manoa.

"Those are my full intentions," said Brennan, a fourth-year junior who is eligible to apply for the National Football League draft.

Brennan said it would take an "extraordinary situation" to make him forgo his senior season.
                    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...611220353/1032

I say play the Michelle Wie card and leave now while your hot! take the millions and run... before you get hurt in your senior year and can't even make a single dollar! Football is much different then Golf and the Possibility of getting career ending injuries is much more probable....

Besides... UH might suck next year and therefor decrease his stock in the draft!!!!

I'd hate to see it... but If I were him... I'd leave now...

You can always go back and finish college...

I always believed that college was to educate you so that you could find a career.... if he can have his career w/out the degree... more power to him... He'll be making one hell of a lot more than I ever will!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      I always believed that college was to educate you so that you could find a career.... if he can have his career w/out the degree... more power to him... He'll be making one hell of a lot more than I ever will!
                      The reason for an education is not so you can have a career, but so that you can have a life. It turns out in this situation that it amounts to about the same. A multimillion-dollar contract can buy quite a life.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

For the past couple of weeks, quarterback Colt Brennan has told KHNL sports reporter Reid Shimizu he admired Lum's work.
                        After yesterday's practice, Shimizu gave Brennan an autographed picture from (Stephanie) Lum.
                        UH learned of the "gift," and after some consultation, ruled that Lum's autographed picture could be considered a perk. Brennan was ordered to return the picture.
                        http://blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com/...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

This kind of cracks me up... A kid who's gonna be making millions is all hoo hoo over a local broadcaster!

Anyone know if she's single? (not for my sake...but for Colts)

Comment

Brennan can't keep the picture, but Reggie Bush had his apartment paid for! Where is the justice? Where is common sense?

Comment

I wish the Heisman would go back to being what it used to be, the player that was most important to his team. It meant a lot more back then than being the best player in the game.

I'm not a big college football guy because the quality of the game is so far below the NFL, but I did used to love the heisman and what it stood for back in the day.

I'm not sure Colt would be on the list in the old system either, do you think?

Comment

Ask Matt Leinert if staying an extra year in college was a good idea.

He went from a 1st pick wonder kid to an 11th pick also-ran in 1 short year.

Eli Manning was the first pick in 2004. Philip Rivers and Ben Rothlessberger were in that load too. With Leinert, it would have rivaled the Marino/Elway/Kelly year in terms of QB talent. Leinert would have drafted higher than Mannning, and I think is just as good or better than Manning right now.

What a difference a year makes. Colt, if you love your Mama, don't risk another year working for free in the most dangerous job in America. Get to the draft ASAP, and buy her a nice house.

And please, please, BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF PURDUE THIS WEEKEND!!
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                              X