Bypassing Posts Already Read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypassing Posts Already Read?

When I go to a thread, it always takes me to the beginning of the discussion, instead of where I left off. I always have to scroll down and often read the same posts over again, just to find out where the new posts start. Is there a way to bypass posts I've already read? Thanks!

Re: Bypassing Posts Already Read?

I know you can change the order how it is displayed by going into User CP, then Edit Options and then under Thread Display Mode change to Linear - Newest First. However the problem here is that most recent post is at the top and working it's way down.

Also there are 3 other options in the Thread Display Mode. There are:

Linear - Oldest First
    Threaded
    Hybrid

You could try either Threaded or Hybrid to see if either of them could meet your needs.

Just noticed this just now when the display mode is set to Linear - Oldest First. If you enter a thread that has new unread messages in it the strip with Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread, and Display Modes also has at the very left hand side an option called View First Unread. If you click on that it will take you to the first unread message in the thread.
    Last edited by helen; November 23, 2006, 06:24 PM. Reason: Combining post

Comment

Also, when looking at a list of threads in a sub-forum, the blue sidewards caret symbol () automatically takes you to the last post in the thread. If you've missed several posts, it may take some backtracking, but this may be preferrable to clicking around or turning your thread-view options upside down.

Comment

Why not use the "view first unread" button?

Comment

Ah, yes. That would be the downward-pointing button (). Heh. I was sure there was one, just didn't look hard enough! So, there you are! Presumably it works best when you're logged in so the system remembers what you've read.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I never noticed that 'View First Unread' button!

Comment

Working...
            X