Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

What do you think will happen to Harry?
    I think Harry should die a hero, JK needs to make it a final book.

This is what JK said will happen....
    Harry will turn 17. He will be allowed to perform magic outside school, and obtain an Apparition license.

Harry and his friends would be in his seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - however, we don't know if he will attend class at all, or if Hogwarts will be open.

Harry will return to the Dursleys one last time.

He plans on starting his Horcrux hunt in Godric's Hollow. Ron and Hermione will accompany him, but the trio will first attend Bill and Fleur's wedding.

Seventh-year students will take NEWTs, the most difficult of wizarding tests.

The last chapter will contain details of what will happen to survivors. The last word is still "scar" (but may easily change).

There will be no Quidditch.

Harry and Ron will never read Hogwarts, A History. Never, Hermione. Ever.

There will be the final, climactic confrontation between Harry and Voldemort. (Harry's going to win, Harry's going to win, Harry's going to win...oh, sorry. That's just our opinion. Sort of. In a not-very-unlikely-opinion sort of way.)
    I can't wait!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

i can't wait either. this is going to be a dark and depressing novel. i don't get something in your post, however. is that really stuff she said about the next book? why would she say all that and add that it was just her opinion? since she's the author, hers is the only opinion that matters, right?

and is she speaking in the Royal "We?" super annoying, if so.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Please cite your sources.

This is a collection of notes by Harry Potter fans of various reveals that have been made by Rowling in various interviews. Some are direct quotes, some are summaries and paraphrasing. The "Harry's going to win" squee was apparently added by whomever cut-and-pasted the notes to this blog.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        Please cite your sources.

This is a collection of notes by Harry Potter fans of various reveals that have been made by Rowling in various interviews. Some are direct quotes, some are summaries and paraphrasing. The "Harry's going to win" squee was apparently added by whomever cut-and-pasted the notes to this blog.
        well put....they are good guesses to think of tho'.

Flickr

Comment

Anyone knows the supposed target date on this final book?

The way Half Blood Prince ended I wanna know..........

Does Rowling REALLY kills off Dumbledore and Snape made me go WHAT THE?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
            Anyone knows the supposed target date on this final book?

The way Half Blood Prince ended I wanna know..........

Does Rowling REALLY kills off Dumbledore and Snape made me go WHAT THE?!?!?!?
            rumors say 07/07/07....but who knows

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
              rumors say 07/07/07....but who knows

Strange, tieing in with the movie release of OOTP egh?

Comment

On her site JK Rowling announced the publication date of the last book:
                Thursday 1 February 2007
                Publication Date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on Saturday 21st July 2007 at 00:01 BST in the UK and at 00:01 in the USA. It will also be released at 00:01 BST on Saturday 21st July in other English speaking countries around the world.
                source

Can't wait!

Flickr

Comment

In a few days the world will know how Harry Potter will end. IMO, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann has the BEST prediction I've heard
                  So why not this ending? Harry eliminates all but one of Voldemort’s horcruxes. The dark lord’s life is now reduced to this undulating welt on Harry’s own forehead. To kill Voldemort, Harry must kill himself and is about to, as millions of readers recoil in horror and anger, when who steps out of the shadows but Snape to explain to Harry that there is another way that the last horcrux, Harry’s scar, can be removed, but at one dreadful price.

Harry can survive it, but his magical skills cannot. To finally vanquish Voldemort, save Hogwarts and Hermione and Ron, and, in fact the magical world, to say nothing of the J.K. Rowling franchise for decades and generations to come, Harry Potter must give up being a wizard. Not bad, huh? The series ends up with self-sacrifice. Uplifting self-sacrifice, but not the commercially disastrous death of the hero. And readers 100 years from now will still be buying the Potter books or getting the Potter chips injected into their brains, or however people read come that day.
                  We will just have to wait and see......

SOURCE

Flickr

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if JK Rowling is pretty much set for life, after the release of the last HP book.

I mean, what is she planning to do afterward? Announce her retirement?
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      Hmm. I wonder if JK Rowling is pretty much set for life, after the release of the last HP book.

I mean, what is she planning to do afterward? Announce her retirement?
                      She's set for life, I'd say
                      With a few flicks of his magic wand, Harry Potter has turned Rowling into a billionaire (we estimate she's worth $1 billion). She's one of only five self-made female billionaires, and the first billion-dollar author.
                      If I was JK, I'd retire and count money all day.

SOURCE

Flickr

Comment

I saw an interview with Emma Watson in which she was wondering what she'd do post-HP. She said she (and presumably the other main HP actors) wouldn't have to work again if they didn't want to. I assume JK wouldn't have to ever work again either but I hope she keeps writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                          I assume JK wouldn't have to ever work again either but I hope she keeps writing.
                          But what would she write?

Would she allow other writers to write about the Harry Potter Universe ... without Harry Potter?
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Do Not click on the link if you don't want to have the book spoiled for you.
                            This is the ONLY real spoiler I've seen. So don't click on this link to see what really happens.....http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ead.php?t=7319
                            You've been warned!!!

Flickr

Comment

Despite all the uproar about the early shipping of some of the books, I was surprised to see this at one of the blogs I visit from time to time. More an indictment of the AP's journalistic ethics than anything else. Vodka Pundit.

Comment

Working...
                              X