The Hawaii Farmers Market Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hawaii Farmers Market Cookbook

On Sunday, January 14, Native Books/Na Mea Hawaii (at Ward Warehouse) will hold a book signing and tasting event for The Hawaii Farmers Market Cookbook: Fresh Island Products From A to Z (Watermark Publishing, 2006). The event will start at noon and run until 1PM. Open to the public, no reservations required -- just stop by to taste some of the great recipes in the cookbook! Participants include Dean Okimoto of Nalo Farms (and president of the Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation) and Joan Namkoong (co-editor of the cookbook, local foodie and author).

The Hawaii Farmers Market Cookbook contains over 100 recipes featuring 75 different products grown and raised here in the Islands. Everything can be found at Hawaii's farmers markets (and the cookbook includes tips for shopping at the markets and information on each product -- how do you know when it's ripe, etc.). A portion of the book's proceeds go to the HFBF to help support Hawaii's farmers and agricultural industry.

Full disclosure: This is a posting by the publisher of the cookbook, so, Moderator, if you feel it appropriate to move this posting to the "Selling" section, we fully understand.

Re: The Hawaii Farmers Market Cookbook

How much is the cookbook? Will it be available in other stores or at the farmers' market?
    mahalo!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I got one for Christmas and think it has a lot of promise; more than just recipes, it has nice descriptions of ingredients and stuff.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        How much is the cookbook? Will it be available in other stores or at the farmers' market?
        mahalo!
        Thank you for your interest!

The book is retail priced at $13.95 and it's available at pretty much all local bookstores, just went into Costco and Sam's Club, and is also available at the HFBF farmers' markets. (Not all farmers' markets are HFBF markets.) Pricing varies depending where you purchase. (It's also available at our -- the publisher's -- website, www.bookshawaii.net, but local residents will find it easier and less expensive to check out one of the suggested locations above.)

And, Scrivener, yes, thanks for pointing out that it is more than a cookbook. It is meant to help people understand what's grown here in the Islands and how they can prepare these great foods themselves.

Comment

This should be in the "Selling" section... not the "Announcing" section...

Comment

Originally posted by WatermarkPub View Post

And, Scrivener, yes, thanks for pointing out that it is more than a cookbook. It is meant to help people understand what's grown here in the Islands and how they can prepare these great foods themselves.
            Well, that would definitely be an indication that Joan had a hand in the creation of this book.

Nice avatar, PJ. I liked the spankin' one better. Are we getting any closer to what you're really about though?
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              Well, that would definitely be an indication that Joan had a hand in the creation of this book.

Nice avatar, PJ. I liked the spankin' one better. Are we getting any closer to what you're really about though?
              Joan Namkoong knows what she's talking about, that's for sure.

Are you being facetious LG? I'll probably change it when I find a better picture to use.

"Ya'meen, I'm taking one for the team,
              Like Martin Luther King, taking one for a dream...
              I'm dope, to many fiends, live by many means,
              If you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything..."

TICAAAAALLLLLLL....

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Joan Namkoong knows what she's talking about, that's for sure.

Are you being facetious LG? I'll probably change it when I find a better picture to use.

"Ya'meen, I'm taking one for the team,
                Like Martin Luther King, taking one for a dream...
                I'm dope, to many fiends, live by many means,
                If you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything..."

TICAAAAALLLLLLL....
                Moi? Facetious? To be expected! I was thinking you were a great candidate for BRITE SMILE.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                X