Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

There's something I've idly wondered about for a few decades, and since racism has -- sadly -- become a hot topic here on HT recently, I'm curious what opinions might be on the Congressional Black Caucus. Here's a link to some info on it, including "This Caucus was founded in January 1969, by a group of black members of the House of Representatives."
    Under the heading of "Aims" it states this:
    "The Caucus describes its goals as "positively influencing the course of events pertinent to African-Americans and others of similar experience and situation," and "achieving greater equity for persons of African descent in the design and content of domestic and international programs and services."

This group has been active for almost 40 years. But what would happen if a different Congressional group was formed, and the "aim" of the new group was this:

"The Caucus describes its goals as "positively influencing the course of events pertinent to African-Americans Caucasians and others of similar experience and situation," and "achieving greater equity for persons of African Caucasian descent in the design and content of domestic and international programs and services."

What would happen then?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Racism?

(in a booming, fatherly tone) >>>

LIKANUI !!! Didn't you hear what I just told your brother Scrivener. You two are gonna be the death of me. You must let double standards alone. But for double standards, we would have no standards at all. Especially where race is concerned. You must see the differences between the races. Don't you??

I have done my best to raise you kids in an illogical, miseducated, propagandized manner, and you just disappoint me with all that logic and reason. Now go walk the dogma. And pick up the mess.

<sigh>

FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Re: Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      There's something I've idly wondered about for a few decades, and since racism has -- sadly -- become a hot topic here on HT recently, I'm curious what opinions might be on the Congressional Black Caucus. Here's a link to some info on it, including "This Caucus was founded in January 1969, by a group of black members of the House of Representatives."
      Under the heading of "Aims" it states this:
      "The Caucus describes its goals as "positively influencing the course of events pertinent to African-Americans and others of similar experience and situation," and "achieving greater equity for persons of African descent in the design and content of domestic and international programs and services."

This group has been active for almost 40 years. But what would happen if a different Congressional group was formed, and the "aim" of the new group was this:

"The Caucus describes its goals as "positively influencing the course of events pertinent to African-Americans Caucasians and others of similar experience and situation," and "achieving greater equity for persons of African Caucasian descent in the design and content of domestic and international programs and services."

What would happen then?

Then we'd be right back to Congress before '69.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
        Then we'd be right back to Congress before '69.
        Technically you are correct as the caucus was formed in '69, but there were African-American members of congress long before then. One interesting factoid is that the earliest AA members were all Republicans - the party of Lincoln.

Comment

I'm sure if someone tried to create such an animal, not many caucasian politicians would sign up because they would be afraid of being associated (however wrongly) with the likes of the KKK or the White Supremacists. And the majority probably wouldn't care, because they KNOW they have the power today. Only when their power is threatened would they consider forming such a group.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

caucUS$' caucasion ranks , Re: Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

Caucasion Caucus? Isn't that what US corporatism is and always been except for the past couple of decades when the Caucasioness of the caucUS was diluted for show purposes by the caucUSs' elevation of some token non-Caucasions within the caucUS$' caucasion ranks?

Comment

Re: caucUS$' caucasion ranks , Re: Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
              Caucasion Caucus? Isn't that what US corporatism is and always been except for the past couple of decades when the Caucasioness of the caucUS was diluted for show purposes by the caucUSs' elevation of some token non-Caucasions within the caucUS$' caucasion ranks?
              You appear to have some stuck buttons on your keyboard. HTH

Comment

whoa, there's a lot of "kawk" in here.

*conflicted: *

*goes back to cramming for this eve's BLAW MT, which she was assiduously avoiding*
                Last edited by cynsaligia; April 11, 2007, 04:18 PM. Reason: added another line to continue doing what said line said i was doing. heh.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: caucUS$' caucasion ranks , Re: Racism - Caucasian Caucus?

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
                  One font? Are you alright?
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

It's the "Pendulum Syndrome".
                    Because of honest injustices in the past / present, laws or programs get implemented to help lift up the oppressed.

What happens though is that it swings past the helping up, to the tearing down of the other party.

The situation in America has become anti-male (originally for females), anti-caucasian (originally for...insert whomever you wish), anti-hetero (originally for gays and lesbians), anti-christian...

IMHO
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

OK, I am sad to report that racism is not only alive and well in the good 'ol US of A, but in the German Army, too.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not racist most of the times . Only sometimes when whateva race
                        gets stupid with me. I don't know why but that's the way I'am, I think.

Maybe that's why I love dogs. Dogs make my day no matter how crazy
                        people get. Especially after work. When I enter my yard and I see my
                        dog spinning around in circles aT 100mph, I kneel down and hug them.

ALL craziness goes away just like that...IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!!

Peace,
                        Levi

Comment

Originally posted by maliaam6 View Post
                          Maybe that's why I love dogs.
                          Watch now - someone will accuse you of being a "species-ist."

Comment

Originally posted by maliaam6 View Post
                            I'm not racist most of the times . Only sometimes when whateva race
                            gets stupid with me. I don't know why but that's the way I'am, I think.
                            You are a "species-ist."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Watch now - someone will accuse you of being a "species-ist."
                              You know, I was just thinking that while typing it.

Yes, it's crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X