Vesperas killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vesperas killings

In today's (Sunday) edition of the Tribune Herald, there's this photo of Tyran Vesperas who was killed protecting his almost full-term mother from her estranged husband. Also killed was the unborn fetus...

Take a good look at the accompanying photo below...that baby pictured along with Tyran was that "Unborn Fetus" That fetus that was kicking, thinking and responding to external stimuli. That fetus should have been crying for his next feeding but instead was never born (note the June 11th date).

The only difference between Matthew Kaimana Erece-Saniatan fate was how he was removed from his mother's womb.

After seeing that photo, and putting a face and name on an unborn fetus, I am totally shocked and saddened at how that little baby (and that is what Matthew really was) never had a chance when that combat knife entered his protective cocoon and was mercilessly murdered with no way to protect himself.

Regardless of Mathew's definition of what he was, the act of killing him was intentional making that MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE! Look at that face...that is the face of a baby boy...not some featureless unborn fetus.

And he had a name...Matthew Kaimana Erece-Saniatan.

Tears go out to his mother who has to live with this for the rest of her life. So sad...as a father of six boys I cry for this mother as I write this.
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 14, 2008, 09:22 AM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Vesperas killings

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    [...]After seeing that photo, and putting a face and name on an unborn fetus, I am totally shocked and saddened at how that little baby (and that is what Matthew really was) never had a chance when that combat knife entered his protective cocoon and was mercilessly murdered with no way to protect himself.[...]
    And it sickens me that there is no murder charge attached to the murder of this unborn baby...ONLY because he had not yet emerged from his mother's womb. Matthew was capable of feeling pain. We will never know what his tragic ending was like.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      And it sickens me that there is no murder charge attached to the murder of this unborn baby...ONLY because he had not yet emerged from his mother's womb. Matthew was capable of feeling pain. We will never know what his tragic ending was like.
      Be careful. This could get political when it comes to the legal status of fetus.

But I do sympathize. The crime is heinous not just on the mother and the son that protected her, but also on the unborn.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Be careful. This could get political when it comes to the legal status of fetus.

But I do sympathize. The crime is heinous not just on the mother and the son that protected her, but also on the unborn.
        Politics and legalities aside...a life (in this case, a full term, unborn baby) was taken via murder and the perp won't even get a legal slap on the hand.

Comment

I wonder how much the fact that she was carrying another man's child factors into his actions.

In any case, it's a TRAGIC situation with innocent lives lost.

Comment

This is so sad ~ that mother lost two sons... I want to make it very clear that I am not justifying this heinous crime. However, I wonder about the issue of "post traumatic stress" and how this affects people when they come back from a combat situation. Another question: why didn't the father stop the bleeding, the boys life could have been saved if he used what he learned about bleeding during a combat situation? According to what I read the boy was injured accidentally because he was protecting his mother??? His life could have been saved if someone stopped the bleeding from the neck injury.

If anything good can come out of this dreadful crime changing the Fetal Homicide Law by emailing your state representatives and Senator at Website: http://www.statelocalgov.net/state-hicfm.

This comment was in the Tribune comment section ~ talk about being judgmental and cruel ...

pahoahw2 wrote on Jun 22, 2007 10:05 AM: " Cheryl, your husband and two sons have paid for your infidelity. Mr Erece Jr you should not have entered into a relationship with a married woman. Everyone looses and ultimately the children suffer. Tyran god bless, and i wish you were my son things would have been different. "
            "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
              I wonder how much the fact that she was carrying another man's child factors into his actions.
              I'm not a lawyer, but I think it would fall under the jurisdiction of the civil court, if the parents of the unborn want to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the child.

And not to sound sympathizing nor divert from the horrible crime, but if Tyrone did this because he was trying to cope what he has to deal with in the war zone and brought his problem home, this could also be a big stain against the military in how they're psychologically treating their soldiers coming back from the front line.

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                This is so sad ~ that mother lost two sons... I want to make it very clear that I am not justifying this heinous crime. However, I wonder about the issue of "post traumatic stress" and how this affects people when they come back from a combat situation. Another question: why didn't the father stop the bleeding, the boys life could have been saved if he used what he learned about bleeding during a combat situation? According to what I read the boy was injured accidentally because he was protecting his mother??? His life could have been saved if someone stopped the bleeding from the neck injury.

Based on the 911 tape that Tyrone made, it sounded like he didn't care. He made the call outside of the house waiting for the ambulance while his son was bleeding inside (who called 911 earlier).

Comment

I have had so many friends who were murdered.

When will this insanity be stopped.

My friend Sharon was 8 months pregnant. When her life was taken, her baby also died. My boyfriend Jay savagely murdered.

They were murdered by the Manson Gang.

My friend SuperSpade shot and killed put into a sleeping bag and thrown over the Oakland Bay bridge. Motive? Robbery.

My friend Vicki was beaten to death with a baseball bat either by a guy she let live in her home or by TPTB because she knew too much about the funneling off of money during the Reagan administration presidential campaign.

Dominique Dunne strangled by a crazy ex boyfriend who walked right through the restraining order.

Dorothy Stratton killed by her ex husband who then killed himself.

Carol Wayne Drowned in Mexico. Foul play.

As long as we teach people to kill they will murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharmagne View Post
                    As long as we teach people to kill they will murder.
                    Who taught Cain?

Comment

Who taught Cain?
                      Interesting question ~ in my mind there is a direct correlation between power and murder. Most mass murders say the same thing when interviewed ~ they get a feeling of power when they kill. Did this estranged husband feel like he was taking back his power by killing his wife? Can people turn off the urge to kill to gain power when they are taught to kill? Personally, I could never imagine killing anyone unless they were a “direct” threat to me or my loved ones, (as this son did). But to go to another country and kill people that some “leader” said I should kill, too me that is immoral and simply out of the question. The young man that was killed was a brave warrior to defend his mother, and the man that wielded the knife was a victim of conditioning to solve problems and regain power through violence. How sad, man’s inhumanity to his fellow man. Where is the compassion?
                      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

I have always believed everyone has the capacity to kill a fellow human being. What stop individuals like you and me is that filter in our head, that conscience and empathy factor, but that usually takes a long time for it to develop.

Comment

I have always believed everyone has the capacity to kill a fellow human being. What stop individuals like you and me is that filter in our head, that conscience and empathy factor, but that usually takes a long time for it to develop.
                          Very very true Random, I agree that age IS a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post

This comment was in the Tribune comment section ~ talk about being judgmental and cruel ...

pahoahw2 wrote on Jun 22, 2007 10:05 AM: " Cheryl, your husband and two sons have paid for your infidelity. Mr Erece Jr you should not have entered into a relationship with a married woman. Everyone looses and ultimately the children suffer. Tyran god bless, and i wish you were my son things would have been different. "
                            I agree, very cruel. So because of her mistake, he became judge, jury and executor? And the courts didn't see fit for him to pay for this heinous crime? Not even psychological help from within an insane asylum? Auwe! What's this world coming to?
                            A proud sponsor of
                            http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

I cannot justify nor rationalize that she deserved to be stabbed for her alleged infidelity. In other parts of the world, maybe, but not here and not me.

Comment

Working...
                              X