No More Interest in UH Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Interest in UH Football

I hear they are having a good year, but Im just not interested in it any more.

I started watching UH games when everyone was hyping Timmy Chang. Every game, June Jones would field him, and every game he threw away the ball. He seemed to miss more times than he hit, and when the ball was caught, it was almost as likely to be received by the other team as an interception.

The few times Jones played his other QB ("rollovich" I think was his name), the passes were great, but jones always held him back on the bench and kept Chang in the games for as long as he could, even if they were losing badly and chang was throwing away the ball.

It made me feel like the fix was in. It was apparent that Jones was backing Chang and not the team.

It got to where I watched the games only to see how many times Timmy Chang would give the ball away to the other team, and he always delivered.

So after that, I just stopped watching the games, and haven't had any interest for it, since.

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I just want to know if I'm the only one who feels let down by Jones & Team.

No rabid T. Chang defenders, please.

Re: No More Interest in UH Football

Woodman, time to lay off the varnish remover. Just kidding.

Seriously, how on earth can you be let down this season when we're (so far) UNDEFEATED (knock on wood!)?

Maybe we should bring back Fred Von Appen, then see who the REAL fans are, not just the bandwagon "supporters".

I'm actually anxious for next season, as Graunke is gonna' be under serious pressure to fill Brennan's shoes - and I think he'll deliver.

In line with your point, I AM a bit disappointed he didn't play Graunke at least at the point that we were up 41-10. At least to give Brennan's ankle a break.

Perhaps Jones is trying to rack up Heisman stats for Brennan. But in the end, that ended up back-firing, as he walked out of the Kibbie Dome with 5 interceptions tacked on his record, and that ankle sprain further aggravated.
    Last edited by Pomai; September 30, 2007, 10:58 AM. Reason: link
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
      So after that, I just stopped watching the games, and haven't had any interest for it, since.

Sorry to be a party-pooper....
      no need to be sorry, because certainly you can't be a party pooper if you are not at the party. you'll still be a pooper--just not of the "party" type.

a sincere thanks for vacating your seat to those who do want to watch.
      Last edited by cynsaligia; September 30, 2007, 11:24 AM. Reason: emoticons good.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I haven't been interested in UH football from the moment they started puting most of UH's games on pay per view. $60 a game is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay to watch ANY football game on TV. Futhermore, K5 rebroadcasts the game on Sundays at 9:00 a.m in the morning. I don't think too many people will choose to watch a replay of the Warrior game over a live NFL game. I have probably watched 10 minutes total of UH's season up to now and I don't feel like I have missed out on anything. The school may be making money but I think they are losing a lot more fans in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
          I haven't been interested in UH football from the moment they started puting most of UH's games on pay per view. $60 a game is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay to watch ANY football game on TV.
          What particularly galls me is K5 charging PPV fees for live telecasts of the road games. I thought that was going too far.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            What particularly galls me is K5 charging PPV fees for live telecasts of the road games. I thought that was going too far.

I agree.

As an aside, one of the best things about September 12, 1992 (the day after Iniki) was being able to watch UH play on the road. I don't remember who their opponent was but it did wonders to get everyone's mind off of the Hurricane, at least on the Islands outside of Kauai. I've lost interest in the Warrior football program because of Herman Frazier, and I know I'm not the only one.

Comment

I agree.

As an aside, one of the best things about September 12, 1992 (the day after Iniki) was being able to watch UH play on the road. I don't remember who their opponent was but it did wonders to get everyone's mind off of the Hurricane, at least on the Islands outside of Kauai. I've lost interest in the Warrior football program because of Herman Frazier, and I know I'm not the only one.
              I'm with ya. Herman was trying to get UHM's marketing deals similar to Notre Dame's. While the athletic department is gassing up the team and some players on scales that Hawaii has never seen before, a lot of fans are just waiting to check scores on ESPN or the Internet when the games are finished. It's ridiculous to pay $60 to see a bunch of kids play ball.

Frazier, if you ever come across this, please--ease up on the hustlin' of UH fans. UH is showing off "world class" treatment of its athletes (not necessarily facility-wise, but with websites, uniforms, etc.), but the games are not affordable for everyone. And June Jones: flash now, but time will reveal true wealth.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I hear they are having a good year, but Im just not interested in it any more.
                Meh. Your disinterest is duly noted.

I started watching UH games when everyone was hyping Timmy Chang.
                Umm, yeah. That's like TWO YEARS AGO.

No rabid T. Chang defenders, please.
                Meh. It can't be helped. Timmy is about as close to being a local (born and bred) folk hero. Unfortunately, Timmy is about as good a QB he can be ... at a collegiate level. That shouldn't stop him from trying in the professional Canadian Football League.

There is no Timmy Chang in this season's UH football team.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I haven't been interested in UH football from the moment they started puting most of UH's games on pay per view. $60 a game is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay to watch ANY football game on TV. Futhermore, K5 rebroadcasts the game on Sundays at 9:00 a.m in the morning. I don't think too many people will choose to watch a replay of the Warrior game over a live NFL game. I have probably watched 10 minutes total of UH's season up to now and I don't feel like I have missed out on anything. The school may be making money but I think they are losing a lot more fans in the process.
                  Didn't they just recently raise the PPV price? It was around $20+/- before. A lot of people were just staying home and having UH football parties while the stands at Aloha were empty. I think they raised it to encourage people to actually make it to the games.

Also, I think it's $60 for Oahu PPV and $20 for neighbor islands (just sayin because ML is from Kauai...).

I guess if you want to see the game live, you do what you gotta do.

Yeah PPVing the road games is ridiculous.

Comment

There are more tailgate restrictions, too.

No more hogging stalls in stadium lot.

Comment

I've lost interest in the Warrior football program because of Herman Frazier, and I know I'm not the only one.
                      I don’t think Frazier would cause me to lose interest in Warrior football. It does piss me off that someone of his stature still can’t seem to do much right. Let’s recap the follies:

After five years on the job, he has yet to produce a balanced budget. UH still bleeding red, DESPITE the Stadium Authority decision to give in and grant FREE RENT to the Warriors.

Two I-AA teams scheduled to start off the Warriors’ season. WTF, Frazier?! You can count the number of teams in I-A football who scheduled that many this season on one hand.

Track coach suing the University of Hawai‘i. Here Frazier is a former Olympic track star, the program was being pushed at UH mainly because of him, and he can’t keep his coach happy?

Contract renewal agreement with KFVE. This is one of the most irksome! As stated repeatedly by HTers, $60 per game on PPV! And what ~ the games aren’t even in High Definition?! Rumor has it that if Oceanic was awarded the contract, the games would have been in HD. Nice job, Frazier. Choose the crappy channel with the wallet-emptying prices.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

I`m glad UH got to play on Maui, to see this great QB at work was something I`ll never forget.
                        He maybe small, but he got plenty gutts. That`s what I admired about Timmy.
                        "Small But Gutsy"
                        I really had a great time watching this QB.
                        Not everytime I get to see UH play, especially on Maui.....
                        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I've lost interest in the Warrior football program because of Herman Frazier, and I know I'm not the only one.
                          you into football or into reading the news? I could care less about what happens on campus if the 'Bows are kicking azz like they are.

Two I-AA teams scheduled to start off the Warriors’ season. WTF, Frazier?! You can count the number of teams in I-A football who scheduled that many this season on one hand.
                          yes, I was also more than a little disappointed with this season's scheduling but looks like it is going to work out just fine anyways.

next year we got Florida, Washington State, Oregon State and Cincinnati. That's a pretty stiff non-conf schedule. Especially when you add in dates with Boise, Fresno and Nevada. Next year will be baptist by fire.

Track coach suing the University of Hawai‘i. Here Frazier is a former Olympic track star, the program was being pushed at UH mainly because of him, and he can’t keep his coach happy?
                          i could care less about track. As long as we don't lose millions in a lawsuit.

Contract renewal agreement with KFVE. This is one of the most irksome! As stated repeatedly by HTers, $60 per game on PPV! And what ~ the games aren’t even in High Definition?! Rumor has it that if Oceanic was awarded the contract, the games would have been in HD. Nice job, Frazier. Choose the crappy channel with the wallet-emptying prices.
                          know what? I hate the fact that the games aren't affordable anymore but if that's the price of a successful program... I'll take it. When the 'Bows sucked, the prices were cheap and no one really cared. I'll take overpriced but successful anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                            you into football or into reading the news? I could care less about what happens on campus if the 'Bows are kicking azz like they are.

yes, I was also more than a little disappointed with this season's scheduling but looks like it is going to work out just fine anyways.

next year we got Florida, Washington State, Oregon State and Cincinnati. That's a pretty stiff non-conf schedule. Especially when you add in dates with Boise, Fresno and Nevada. Next year will be baptist by fire.

i could care less about track. As long as we don't lose millions in a lawsuit.

know what? I hate the fact that the games aren't affordable anymore but if that's the price of a successful program... I'll take it. When the 'Bows sucked, the prices were cheap and no one really cared. I'll take overpriced but successful anyday.
                            Damn, tell it like it is. GO WARRIORS!

Comment

Working...
                            X