TechHui - New Social Network for Island Geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechHui - New Social Network for Island Geeks

We recently launched a new social network for techies. Please join us at TechHui.com. Professional geeks and technology enthusiasts are welcome.

We were recently covered in the Star-Bulletin.

Re: TechHui - New Social Network for Island Geeks

Great write-up! Erika rocks. Of course, I'm a proud new member of TechHui (as are several of us here). 'Twas great to meet several TechHui folks at Unconferenz!

TechHui runs on Ning (mentioned in our Social Software thread), the same social network platform behind local vlogger community The Reef, the local Jodo Shu Hawaii group, and my experimental HawaiiVox community. The backend provides some connectivity so membership across communities is easier to handle.

Comment

Hmmmmm, isn't "tech" and "geeks" a little broader then just software languages?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        So join up and start something!
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Yes. The site is software heavy because I am a software guy. My hope is that other types of techies will join. We have started to see a little of this.

Comment

Aloha Hawaii Theaders,

re: GeckoGeek's comment

Just a quick update: TechHui now has over 300 members and we have diversified outside of the software area. Interest groups on the site include Digital Artists, Renewable Energy, Robotics, Mobile Technology, Technology Educators and Space Exploration.

Comment

Working...
            X