X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yurts and other affordable homes for Hawai'i

http://www.yurtsofhawaii.com/

What's a yurt?
    Developed by Mongolians over 2,000 years ago, yurts are round canvas structures famous for their longevity and comfort. Ceilings are made in a cathedral-esque design, with lattice wood structure forming the outside of the walls covered in canvas.

Do yurts have a problem with mold?
    The materials used in our yurts, as long as they are properly sealed, are not susceptible to mold problems. Yurts should be cleaned with a mild soap once a year to rid off rain and dust residues.

Are yurts permittable in Hawaii?
    Yes, you will need to work with a licensed architect to design a permittable deck plan. Be certain that you are working with a professional who is well versed in local codes and regulations. Platform plans, drafting services and permitting services are available through Yurts of Hawai'i.

How long does set up take?
    A basic round deck takes about 5 days for our builders to complete. Yurt assembly for a 30’ yurt takes 2 days with experienced assemblers. Smaller yurts can be set up in as little as 3 hours.

How long does a customized yurt take to arrive on the Big Island?
    A custom made yurt takes 2-4 months to arrive in Hilo. Time frame varies with supply and demand.

Why a Yurt?
    * Low impact on the environment
    * Beautiful and inspiring design
    * Live closer to nature
    * Affordable housing
    * Fast set up
    * Moveable/storable
    * Large square footage
    * Solid structure
    * Great for long term or temporary housing

I haven't contacted them. So I don't know if all Counties in the State of Hawaii will allow these structures to be permitted/built. They sure look cool to me, but then again, I'm a Hippie with a hair cut.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Yurts and other affordable homes for Hawai'i

Present Yurts of Hawaii price list at link...
    http://www.yurtsofhawaii.com/pricing_sheet.html
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
    X