Mothers Day - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Day - 2009

You sacrificed, you gave up your own desires and needs. And why? To raise a bunch of ungrateful kids that took advantage of you at every turn?

Maybe some day they will come back and tell you how much they appreciate you. I hope they already have. I'm sure in most cases that no matter what, you love them anyway.

Isn't that what mothers do?

May I be among the first, even though you are not MY mother, to thank you for your sacrifices:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

To all mothers, appreciated or unappreciated - NOW you are recognized, and justified.

Ka`onohi
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: All right, all you #@$!^$ MOTHERS!

HuH??? If that is supposed to be an uplifting Mother's Day greeting, it misses the mark.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      HuH??? If that is supposed to be an uplifting Mother's Day greeting, it misses the mark.
      Win some, lose some.
      Thanks for the feedbACK.
      It was intended as a "Shock-title" attention-getter with an appreciative message.

Got suggestions? Or just criticism? I'd appreciate suggestions.
      ~ ~

Comment

All you wonderful MOTHERS!

I just wanted to get your attantion and let you know that if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be nuthin', in fact we wouldn't even BE!

I know that too ofen mothers are unappreciated, and Amati says my fist attempt flopped, so here's another shot:

We want you, we need you, we love you....
        but we don't always know how to show it.

Be proud of your contribution to the world. Your children, your skills and your opinions.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings.
        ~ ~

Comment

Mother's Day

If I could ever have a one to one chat then it would be with my mum.
          I took her some flowers up to the crem. True enough, her brass plaque is still there, next to my dad's. Shows that they are still together and haven't fallen out.
          As a child, I was brought up by my Granny in France and so never got to know my mum until I was about 10 yrs.
          Then I realised what an exceptional, caring and hard working lady she was. Before she passed away, I got a chance to tell her how much I loved her and that meaned a lot.
          Mother's day is meaningfull to me. I got up there to the crem and got another chance.

Comment

Re: Mothers Day - 2009

Okay, let's get this thread back on track!

This video is for all you Mom's out there. You are special!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V5F7g1d6c8

The matapule loves you all!
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I am...a mother. I am...a grandmother. I am...a daughter. I am a wife. I am...an auntie to many.

I AM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                Mother's Day

If I could ever have a one to one chat then it would be with my mum.
                I took her some flowers up to the crem. True enough, her brass plaque is still there, next to my dad's. Shows that they are still together and haven't fallen out.
                As a child, I was brought up by my Granny in France and so never got to know my mum until I was about 10 yrs.
                Then I realised what an exceptional, caring and hard working lady she was. Before she passed away, I got a chance to tell her how much I loved her and that meaned a lot.
                Mother's day is meaningfull to me. I got up there to the crem and got another chance.
                That is one of the most beautiful sentiments I have ever read re: Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing.

As for my family, we are fortunate to still have my mom and Oba-chan with us. In the past, we've taken them out to brunch. But today, we're going to host them at our house. Got my video camera out to capture what I'm sure will be some wonderful memories.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

happy mothers day, auntie!!!!!
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    You sacrificed, you gave up your own desires and needs. And why? To raise a bunch of ungrateful kids that took advantage of you at every turn?
                    As David Letterman would say, "I do and do and do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get."

Comment

Re: All you wonderful MOTHERS!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                      We want you, we need you, we love you....
                      but we don't always know how to show it.
                      Be proud of your contribution to the world. Your children, your skills and your opinions.
                      Now, that is a wonderful Mother's Day sentiment. Thank you for the thoughtful rewording to be enjoyed by all Mothers.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        happy mothers day, auntie!!!!!
                        Mahalo.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                        X