Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samoa Earthquake/Tsunami

My heart aches for my beloved Samoa!

I hope that all of you who have family members or friends in Samoa have made contact with them and that they are safe and well. We have been able to contact our immediate family on Upolu, Tutuila and Manu’a but we have heard of extended family members that are lost. My cousin's 11 year old daughter was swept out to sea in the village of Aleipata in Independent Samoa.

I am saddened to see the devastation caused by the tsunami in Samoa and Tonga but we are strong people and I know we will come together and help each other cope with this tragedy.

Fa’avae I Le Aiga – Fa’avae I Le Alofa – Fa’avae I Le AtuaSAMOA MO SAMOA!

I also feel for those suffering from the tragedies in the Philippines and Indonesia. Their loss is our loss.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Samoa Earthquake/Tsunami

http://www.kitv.com/technology/21176522/detail.html

KITV gives a warning about scammer taking advantage of the disaster:

"The Better Business Bureau in Hawaii on Thursday issued a warning about malicious Web sites and tweets trying to take advantage of recent natural disasters in Pacific island nations."

"Officials said that within hours of the earthquake and tsunamis that hit the islands of Samoa and Tonga, malicious software emerged as "scareware." The attacks were linked to the news in searches."

Here is the scareware:

"Clicking on one of the malicious search results can pop up what can look like an authentic warning that your computer is infected. The program then launches a fake anti-virus scan, the BBB said. When you try to stop the scareware attack or close windows, more pop-up windows appear with warning followed by a call to install a program. However, that program often has viruses or other harmful files."

The BBB reminds computer owners to keep their anti-virus software current.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: Samoa Earthquake/Tsunami

One resident recalled how the islands get regular tsunami instructions to safely avoid loss of life, but when the real thing was about to hit most forgot all they knew and instead panicked, leaving them at the mercy of nature's forces.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
      X