Stephen King's "Under the Dome"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen King's "Under the Dome"

I just bought a bunch of books from Amazon.com, including Stephen King’s Under the Dome: A Novel. I couldn’t resist. It will be released on November 9, 2009, at $35.00, but you can pre-order it, as I have, for $9.00 at Amazon.com (and other places as well, I believe). Here is Amazon’s description:

On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester's Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener's hand is severed as "the dome" comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and when--or if--it will go away.
    That sounded interesting. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought “hmmm, this seems strangely familiar.” Then it hit me: THIS IS THE SIMPSON’S MOVIE!

Actually, King says he started the novel in the 1980s, but put it away. Now, he’s returned to it; and he says he never saw The Simpson’s Movie. This is generating a lot of internet buzz.

There are other publishing happenings going on with this book as well. The e-book, which King champions, won’t come out at the same time: it will come out on December 24, in order to help book stores, he says. And there is also a trailer. Interesting.
Working...
X