Show all posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show all posts

I have a question about searches on HT. When I go to a posters name, for examply my own, Amati, and choose "show all stastics", then the option comes up to "show all posts by Amati". When choosing that option, only 20 pages of history shows. Is that the max that can be shown? Using myself as an example, 20 pages goes back approximately a year, although I made postings prior to that time.
    In other words, when searching through the option of "show all posts by xxxx", is it limited to 20 pages of material?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Show all posts

I noticed that too. It seems that the search has limit of 500 results. I don't know if this limit is impossed by vBulletin or it's something that was setup by HawaiiThreads.

In any event here are a few hints you can use to get around that limit. You need to use these in the advanced search and search under your username
    1. change the sort results by to Last Posting Date and the order to in Ascending Order. This will show the first 500.
    2. change Show Results as to Threads. This should add a few extra entries if you tend to put multiple posts in a thread.
    3. You might want to limit the search to certain sub-forums, you can use the major ones like Hale Heahea, Hui Aloha, Ka Nohona, Na Mea Ho'ohau'oli, Ka Honua or Hale Ku'ai.

Comment

Thanks Helen. I fussed a bit more, but still come up with about the same results. I use the search feature of my name once in awhile to locate a comment that I've read before on a current subject (meaning, I'll remember seeing something about a current topic that was addressed in a prior thread that I've posted to). But I've just learned that I can only go back 500 postings. What if the thread I'm after was 501 postings ago. I'll be out of luck.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Well for the time being you can sort by ascending order to get beyond the 500 item search limit. You can also start the search for posting from an eariler date. Like a month ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago or 1 year ago.

Comment

Another vBulletin board that I post to has a search limit of 8000 posts on that feature, so there's probably a setting somewhere in the software.

And yes, "8000" is too low for a few posters on that board too.
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
            Another vBulletin board that I post to has a search limit of 8000 posts on that feature, so there's probably a setting somewhere in the software.

And yes, "8000" is too low for a few posters on that board too.
            That would work for all but three HT posters as of today.

Comment

Working...
            X