Ouija Board Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouija Board Game

A news article was published today about Hasbro's new Pink Ouija Board that's "targeting young girls", which is riling critics.

It's designed for young girls ages 8 and older, but some say the mysterious product is a "dangerous spiritual game" that opens up anyone, particularly Christians, to attacks on their soul.
    Personally I've always been apprehensive to try this game, ever since being freaked out by it as a young kid when I seen how it worked in the film 'The Exorcist'. Remember 'Captain Howdy'?

Ironically, this past week's episode of Ghost Whisperer featured the Ouija Board as a "communication tool" between a dead young girl and an Anthropology Professor played by Margaret Cho.

Just curious if any of you out there in HT land have played or experimented with the Ouija Board game, and have you ever had any, ehem, supernatural or spiritual "experiences" from it? Or did it "tell" you something while "playing" it that absolutely FREAKED YOU OUT?

I don't think I ever want to try it. And I'm Buddhist (regardless of whether that matters or not).
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Ouija Board Game

Spent way too many hours on the Ouija board both as a child and as an adult. I was raised with one in the house. My mom and I used to use it all the time. It ended up being a communication tool with my grandmother after she passed away in 1954.

For some, unknown reason (), as a child I really wanted a brother or sister. A few months after my grandmother died I ask good ol' Ouija if my dream would ever come true. YES, said Ouija! When and what?, I asked. A boy in October 1956. Yah! Right! 1956 rolls around, I'm now almost 12 (and an only child) when my parents announce I'm going to be a sister in December. Close, but it's still not October! October 28 rolls around and my mom delivers a premature baby brother!

When I got married (1964), I really missed having my grandma there. Later that year, mom and I were on the Ouija board once again when I asked Granny if she, somehow, saw me get married. "Yes. I was a daisy in your bouquet." My bouquet was, indeed, all daisies! I'm the only bride I know who chose a daisy bouquet. Ha...I carried Granny down the aisle!

I know people who are terrified of the Ouija board. Why, I don't know. Still, my experience is you get back what you put out. If you're fearful, your fears will be confirmed.

I haven't been near a Ouija in probably 20 years...and for no particular reason. Well, it was addicting...much like HT and Facebook!
    Last edited by tutusue; February 6, 2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Not interested at all in the occult. The one time I actually used a ouija board was at a sleepover at my neighbor's house when I was 12. I asked the board what year I would die, which I guess is one of those questions you aren't supposed to ask. Me and the boys started moving that pointer thing around. It paused at 2. Then 0. Then the pointer started going all over the board for awhile, finally landing on "Good Bye."

So my life will end sometime in the 21st century. Thanks a lot, spirits. I couldn't have figured that one out without your help.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Made the mistake of convening a Ouija session in a church, once...
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Tried the Ouija board when I was a teen. I never got any comprehensible answers from it.

After I started meditating seriously in the 70's, I had all kinds of spiritual experiences and contacts - all without the board. I guess you just have to be tuned in.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

My sister has one and I think I tried it with her more than 20 years ago. Last I heard the thing was in storage somewhere. Is it bad luck to toss one of these things in the trash? Have any of you disposed of an Ouija board? What is the best way to do it?
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              My mom and I used to use it all the time. It ended up being a communication tool with my grandmother after she passed away in 1954.
              Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing that amazing history of you using it and how it actually worked for you. Very, very interesting!

Yet that's more the reason I'm reluctant to "play" or "use" this "game". Now if they made one in the color BLUE (not pink), then maybe I may consider it!

I see in the Wikipedia article on Ouija, it mentions a Japanese version known as "Savios Board", where there's a Japanese horror movie based on that called 'Kokkuri-san'.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield
              Made the mistake of convening a Ouija session in a church, once...
              I suppose communicating with the dead, demons or the Devil himself in the house of God isn't the smartest thing to do (based on Christian belief of it).
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                I suppose communicating with the dead, demons or the Devil himself in the house of God isn't the smartest thing to do.
                We didn't even get that far!
                I wonder what the church folk did with the board when they found it, or how they disposed of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  We didn't even get that far!
                  I wonder what the church folk did with the board when they found it, or how they disposed of it?
                  I wonder what would happen if they sprinkled Holy Water on it? Think it would erupt into a violent ball of fire?
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Ha! We even considered getting/bringing some, just in case...

But, there was fire, on our tails as we flew out the windows!

Comment

I always liked the name: YesYes. ("Oui" + "Ja," in French and German respectively.) Beyond that, I always had fun manipulating it just enough to freak other players out, something I've done in many aspects of life.

Remember - the word "gullible" is not listed in most dictionaries.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        [...]Is it bad luck to toss one of these things in the trash? Have any of you disposed of an Ouija board? What is the best way to do it?
                        How about donating it to a thrift store?
                        Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing that amazing history of you using it and how it actually worked for you. Very, very interesting![...]
                        My grandma experienced and participated in paranormal activities; nothing demon-like or illegal...more super-natural. My dad was raised with a Ouija Board in the house as was I. We had no fear, bad experiences or superstitions about it. Growing up, my friends and their families played Monopoly. My family and I whiled away our spare time with the Ouija! It was second nature.

Comment

That's an idea, or now that I think about perhaps sell it on Craigslist.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            I always had fun manipulating it just enough to freak other players out, the word "gullible" is not listed in most dictionaries.
                            There IS something about it. Mine worked for real, until I lost the needle/pointer. Never worked again...

Comment

As long as that thrift store's name isn't 'Needful Things'. That was a pretty good Stephen King movie. I enjoyed it.

My grandma experienced and participated in paranormal activities; nothing demon-like or illegal...more super-natural.
                              They say some people have this ability as a "gift". I don't have it, that's for sure. Haven't even seen a "ghost" or apparition in my lifetime, and I hope it stays that way, thank you very much.

My late aunt had that "gift" of seeing spirits. She knew what they looked like as they sat in chairs at her house. Sometimes my mother would be there talking to her, and suddenly she'd be yelling at "someone" (who mom couldn't see) to "Go away! Go away! You don't belong here!". A real live "Ghost Whisperer" if you will. Chicken skin 'kine stuff!

I think for people who do have this supernatural "gift", the use of a Ouija board for them would be extra "dangerous", making them significantly more vulnerable to spiritual attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.
                              Last edited by Pomai; February 7, 2010, 11:24 AM.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X