• Show
Clear All

• Brian Evans..

What's your thoughts & feelings on Brian Evans
    for Senator?

Here is the link:

http://www.brianforsenator.com/
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Brian Evans..

I remember reading somewhere that this guy is also a recording artist of some sort.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Entertainers seem to be joining in on the political fray nowadays. I don't think he has what it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        I remember reading somewhere that this guy is also a recording artist of some sort.
        \

Hey Mel, you wanna take over for me in the Christianity debate over in that thread? It's three to one over there and MiuLang is pushing up daisies or something like that.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          \
          MiuLang is pushing up daisies or something like that.
          I'm NOT pushing up daisies! I'm pushing up CROCI! Can't a woman croak with the flower of her choice?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
            Entertainers seem to be joining in on the political fray nowadays. I don't think he has what it takes.
            Ah, entertainers turned public servants. If the question is, "Can they do the job?" I have my doubts too. If the question is, "Can they get elected anyway?" The answer is, possibly, yes. Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Jesse Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger... Brickwood Galuteria, Barbara Marshall, Glenn Wakai...

As for Brian Evans specifically, his official biography won't win anyone I know over. Showbiz, Las Vegas, yada yada yada... and incredulously, he starts a paragraph citing Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush, and yet ends the same thought by saying he hopes "to be a powerful figure among the working class." Um. Okay.

And his fixation with dental care is a bit unnerving.

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
              Entertainers seem to be joining in on the political fray nowadays.
              My personal favorite is Gary Coleman. I would have liked to have seen him become governor of California.'

ADVISOR: Mr. Coleman, your popularity went down in the polls by 5%.

GARY COLEMAN: Watchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

Comment

It would be hard to relate to Mr. Evans, and some of his issues I don't agree with, (pro marijuana). Guess I'm too old to remember his music although I've not gone to the music link. At least he has his own money and wouldn't be beholden to any specific group.
                Retired Senior Member

Comment

I doubt anyone's following this particular race too closely, but FWIW, Brian Evans put out an odd announcement last week:
                  Brian Evans, the candidate currently running for US Senator as a Democrat, is contemplating switching from the Democratic party...to the Republican Party, just one week prior to the primary election... "I believe issues and people are more important than party affiliation, but I am so dismayed by the lack of support I have received from the DNC in my effort to run against the man they are backing, that I am beginning to believe we are not seeing eye to eye. This election process is about to be the man, not the brand." Evans, 34, believes that most of his beliefs seem to fall within the scope of the republican candidates. "Every survey I see has our answers very similar. The only thing I don't think we see eye to eye on is same-sex civil unions, which I will continue to fight for..."

Comment

Evans, 34, believes that most of his beliefs seem to fall within the scope of the republican candidates. "Every survey I see has our answers very similar. The only thing I don't think we see eye to eye on is same-sex civil unions, which I will continue to fight for..."

The June 17th issue of The Maui Weekly listed some of Brian Evans’ statements and positions.

“As far as abortions go, I believe in the woman’s right to choose. There should be a time limit imposed once the child clearly becomes a human being. This might not be popular among Democrats but seven months max. Otherwise it’s murder.”

In August, Mr. Evans responded to the Hawaii Right to Life candidate survey by choosing the statement “Abortion should be prohibited except in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother” to represent his personal views on abortion. That is a radical change from his position in June.

What happened in two months time that Mr. Evans’ position changed on this issue? Was it a genuine position change or political strategizing? Did he figure out that by the laws of bio-genesis, the unborn child IS a human being for the entire time it is in the womb? Perhaps Mr. Evans is molding his views to that of the Republican Platform in hopes of garnering the Republican vote because otherwise he risks being snuffed out in the primary by his fellow Democrat incumbent!

I don’t think most Republicans favor legalizing pot either!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                      What's your thoughts & feelings on Brian Evans
                      for Senator?

Here is the link:

http://www.brianforsenator.com/

When I first saw the tile to this post I said to meself.....the singer??!! And sure enough, it's him alright! Would you believe he was born and raised in the city I now reside in??! In fact, many years ago I saw him perform and had his autographed CD! His sound reminds me of The Sinatra!

Wonder what took him down that road? Had no idea that he now lives in Maui! What a small world eh?
                      Last edited by EastCoastTropics; September 13, 2004, 02:26 AM.
                      Lovena

Comment

ahahah... hey, if he can give as much entertainment as mr. "girlie men"... it may be worth a shot? but nah.. brian evans seems a little flimsy - he'll probably be called "girlie man".

Comment

See also a letter (?) Evans published with Hawaii Reporter: Why as a Democrat I am Challenging U.S. Senator Daniel Inouye for His Seat. He's definitely well into hedging his bets with the "what party am I?" stuff. And he asks, "Is it because the Hawaii DNC hasn't returned my phone calls?" which comes across only as sour grapes. If your party has an incumbent it's happy with, why would it return your phone calls?

He goes completely off the rails, eventually, his last paragraph stretching on forever, with passing references to Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, dental insurance, and Jesus. He's really into dental insurance.
                          I think we all know I have about as good a chance as being voted in as Pope as I do US Senator in the primary, but I hope that I brought my issues to the forefront for those whom suffer without insurance or dental insurance by the current Democratic US Senator.
                          Um. Okay, then, Brian. Please step away from the keyboard.

Comment

He has some interesting points and views. But he majorly needs some writing classes and to speak in less italics.

Comment

I don't know, but honestly...I like him.

He's full of piss and vinegar, and he's a young guy which is what I think we need. We keep electing Inouye, and the only one who seems to be benefiting from that is Inouye and his family (and the bubba system).

I saw him on ABC in an interview, and he sounded sharp as hell. I like that he is not about the party, but the person. We need more elected officials who don't care about that party as much as they do the individual.

I intend on voting for him today. Will he win? I highly doubt it, but it's his first shot out the door so who knows. He may be setting himself up for another run down the road. Roll Call (www.rollcall.com) is a highly respected newspaper in Washington, often referred to as the "Newspaper of Air Force One," and they just did a massive piece on him.

I think that regardless of whether or not he wins the primary, it takes massive one's to go up against Inouye, and I will commend him for his efforts with my vote.

I like a guy (or girl) who stirs it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X