Long-distance networking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-distance networking

I know, I know, "networking" and all that is so much buzz-speak, but it really fits what I need to do.

Hiya!

I just posted a "hello" over in the introductions forum, so take a look there, but I'll say it again here. Same thing, but different.

Short story: my wife and I want to relocate. To Hawaii. Probably O`ahu or Maui, but I had a tentative job offer on Hawai`i (Hilo) that got us looking at the Big Island as an option, and we can see some real advantages to most anyplace there.

We've done our research. We're a mixed family, so Hawai`i is one of the few places in the country we'd feel really comfortable (near DC now, that's another good place). Problem is jobs.

So, anybody have ideas on how to do such long-distance networking to work toward getting a job to relocate into in about two years? Yes, I'm thinking long-term.

I can put in a link to my resume, but in short I usually label it "Team Leading Senior Systems Engineer/Architect (UNIX+)", so that tells you what I do. Working my way into IT management, but still pretty much hands-on w/the technology. More of that stuff for later.

Help me make our dream come true! Can't promise anything in return but good karma, and maybe some fun conversations along the way, but I figure that's a start, eh?

Dreamin' and schemin',
    Andy
    Andy the wannabe
    near DC? wanna talk 'bout HI?
    drop me a line, I wanna learn!

Re: Long-distance networking

Originally posted by madsox
    We've done our research. We're a mixed family, so Hawai`i is one of the few places in the country we'd feel really comfortable (near DC now, that's another good place).
    Sounds like some friends of mine, a haole/Japanese mixed couple, who moved to Hawai'i from Oregon. They got tired of people staring at them and their kids all the time. Here, they don't rate a look. They really liked that.

Comment

Working...
    X