Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping

We are going to arrive at Honolulu airport. Does anyone have any knowledge of places to camp, private or otherwise.

Re: Camping

Where can I go camping in Hawaii?
    Hawaii's State Park system offers camping in a number of parks on five islands. For a complete list of parks and their amenities, please visit the DLNR website. There you may download a permit application (in PDF format) that lists all camping areas. We do charge $5 per campsite per night for all parks, except Na Pali Coast State Park on Kauai. Camping fees for Na Pali Coast State Park are $10 per person per night.

Where in Hawaii can I camp for free?
    The state Forestry Division offers camping for free within forest reserves on all islands. Permits are required, and can be issued by the Division offices on Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii. Unfortunately, there is no available summary of Forestry camping areas by island. You should contact the Forestry Division for more information, at (808) 587-0166.

You can also look up State Parks and Fees, or download and print the DLNR's Hawaii Parks Guide (PDF).

Comment

Thank you.

We shall check those out.

Ale

Comment

Kalaeola industrial park, formerly NAS Barbers Point, used to have a pretty nice camp ground. Don't know if this area of the base has been ceded over to the state yet or not though. You may still need to have some affiliation with the military in order to use it.

Comment

LOL, it would be an awesome way to save on hotel prices if for no other reason!
          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
          X