Los Lobos at Pipeline Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Lobos at Pipeline Cafe

If you missed Los Lobos last night, you missed one of the great live bands of all time. It was so cool to see a crowd so into a band and the band feeding off that energy. From the first note, the audience was with the band, rock and roll to Mexican songs and back again.

And with all their original great music, the covers they did were first rate. From what I remember, they did "Shoot Out The Lights" by Richard Thompson, a medley of "La Bamba" and "Good Lovin'" by the Rascals, "Walk, Don't Run" by the Ventures, and "My Generation" by the Who.

But my favorite part was after the encore the band said good night and left the stage with people streaming for the exits. The house lights never came up so I stuck around....and about ten minutes later the band came out again and played "Not Fade Away" by Buddy Holly, "Bertha" by the Grateful Dead and then just TORE the place up with "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young.

Love the band, loved the audience. Rock and roll the way it should be. All the American Idull kids should have been forced to go and see how real music is done.
Working...
X