Auctionturn.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auctionturn.com

I just read in this week's midweek (why do I have it on a monday, I have no idea) about a local couple who started something that will help noobs to ebay sell their stuff online.

Its called auctionturn.com and from the Midweek article, you can give them your product you want to sell, they'll take the pictures, write a good description, handle the selling, shipping, storage until sale, all for 20-35% of what the product got you, and you'll pocket the rest. I don't know about you, but that sound like a good deal, considering that they ship it via UPS and it'll stay on ebay for 7 or 10 days.

If I still have some stuff to sell (and a transportation to carry it there) then I'd do a "Hawaii Threads Review" and see how it works.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

wesellthings4u.com

Interesting. The local market already has one eBay sellers' service, wesellthings4u, started by Punahou grads Tiffany Tanaka and Nikki Sword. They were profiled by the Honolulu Advertiser in September, among other places (I know they were featured on more than one local TV news station).

I already thought they had their work cut out for them, given the national reach and marketing power of AuctionDrop, a nationwide service that benefits from operating hand-in-hand with UPS Stores.

Here's Auctionturn.com's eBay inventory (71 items) and here's the current inventory of wesellthings4u (147 items).

While wesellthings4u is a decidedly grassroots operation, the folks at Auctionturn.com meanwhile are offering franchise opportunities (to snap up additional drop locations and get more researchers/sellers). The latter approach will be interesting... I can imagine they'll have more of a problem with consistency than a small office.

Comment

Working...
    X