Reputation milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation milestone

It's almost getting to the point where Ryan and I will be hitting the 100 post mark which besides changing our status to Luna, something else happens to our Reputation. As to what I have no idea. So in the interest of generating more posts please feel free to predict what will happen. Also got a poll going as well where you can make multiple choices.
    Who cares?
    35.29%
    Get another green square
    11.76%
    Reputation score does not change
    23.53%
    Reputation score goes up by 1 point
    0.00%
    Reputation score goes up by 2 or more points
    29.41%

Re: Reputation milestone

Changing your status to "luna"??? Let's not put "tic" after that.

Comment

It's a temporary thing. It changes to something else after hitting 200 posts.

Comment

I picked rep goes up 2 or more point, but another green square would be cool too.

-vic
        Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

The next milestone is when one reaches their 90 day anniversary. Since the earilest group started in mid-April, the middle of July makes 90 days.

I don't expect anything earth-shattering to happen.

Comment

I usually don't notice how many times I've commented on a thread but I like to read most of them.
            Retired Senior Member

Comment

I didn't know anything happened to your reputation for the amount of posts but I read somewhere that people can vote on whether they found your post helpful or not which would increase your reputation if they did find it helpful. I don't remember exactly where I read that, it was some time ago.
              Send POI

Comment

One's reputation should be based on the quality of their posts, and not quantity. We all know who da Portagees in here.
                It's Aloha Friday...no work till Monday! Beedoo beedoo, beedoo beedoo beedoo beedoo beedoo...
                Last edited by lurkah; July 9, 2004, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Here's an earlier discussion of the Reputation widget, and there's an entry for it in the FAQ as well. You do get token bumps in Reputation for writing more and sticking around longer (quantity), but it's the props given to you by other users (quality) that move things the fastest.

This reminds me. I've been meaning to replace those green squares with little pineapples...

Comment

Thanks lurkah for the jingle for Fridays...I'm here in N. CA. now and sang it
                    outloud when I read it! And Pzarquon...you always give helpful info...you must have it stored somewhere so you can refer to it. Here in Vallejo where my daughter lives they've opened up a second L&L so I'll go visit it soon. There's also a Hawaiian BBQ #? which she says is not as good as L&L.
                    Retired Senior Member

Comment

Aloha Mocha,

Now my son like know if I'd take him to L&L so he can try the food.
                      I used to like the mahimahi plate with either kalbi or chicken terriyaki. They serve that oh what?

Comment

Aleno: they do have kalbi & teriyaki chicken, and fish but I don't know if the fish is mahi. My hubby didn't like it when they didn't make the locomoco egg sunnyside up but said that the flavor was the same. My daughter says at the Hawaiian BBQ place the gravy tastes "funny". Go and try, prices are reasonable...and the Vallejo ones are managed by two brothers who are from HI.
                        Retired Senior Member

Comment

I think I finally figured out the Reputation system and it seems that there are two values. One of them is the Reputation Score and it's displayed in the Control Panel. This is the one that starts at a value of 10 when you first join HawaiiThreads.com

The other value might be called the Reputation Power Point. Whenever you give a Reputation to a post it gets that value. This is one that changes based on the number of posts and the lifetime of your account. Thing is this value is not displayed anywhere I know about it.

At this point in time I don't know if the amount of green squares (or pineapples of a color yet to be announced) is based on the Reputation Score or the Reputation Power Point.

Comment

Working...
                          X