Kapolei to become the 2nd Honolulu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kapolei to become the 2nd Honolulu?

If your new mayor has his way, Kapolei is on its way to becoming the second largest city in the county. He has committed to spend at least one day a week working out of Kakuihewa and is determined to bring in more government jobs. Since Kapolei has more room to grow than Honolulu, it probably makes sense to ease the congestion in Honolulu by bringing more City jobs to a somewhat vacant government building. And will the problems of Honolulu also follow to Kapolei?

Miulang

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln02p.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Kapolei to become the 2nd Honolulu?

There's not a whole lot of space for Kapolei to grow unless you urbanize Campbell Industrial Park. But then where would the heavy industries that are currently there go?

One of the real problems with Kapolei getting any bigger is the fact that they cannot go up like downtown Honolulu simply because Kapolei sits directly under the flight path of Honolulu International Airport.

Honolulu is so messed up that's why I left it. It got too congested with poor long term urban planning. The streets are dirty and poorly maintained. I moved to East Hawaii so my children can experience what I experienced in Honolulu back in the sixties, a simpler life with fewer problems.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
    X