RIP Hunter Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hunter Thompson

"Rest in peace, Hunter. Thank you for everything. We're going to deal with this Gannon/Guckert/Whoever person, and then move down the line and deal with the rest of the whores. You died on the eve of the birth of a new journalism, populist in nature, beholden to the truth and thanking the Google gods every step of the way. I wish you had stuck around to see it, but I'll tell you all about it when we meet at that clearing at the end of the path. Until then...

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors."

Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson may have been a drug addicted drunkard, but his voice (along with Kurt Vonnegut's) was the anthem of a generation who grew up being suspicious of Big Government (post Nixon-Watergate). He never hid the truth, but did it in a way that amused and entertained. Another great light snuffed out way too soon.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: RIP Hunter Thompson

Originally posted by Miulang
    "Rest in peace, Hunter

Gone, Zo!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

You mess wit' Lono, you goin' make, die, dead.

Comment

RIP * ALOHA' OE' Hunter Thompson

1st wahine, Lynn vasquez
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

First book I ever read cover to cover was "Hell's Angels" .... love it, and he will be missed....
        Always dreaming about Hawai'i ... :cool: :) :D :eek:

Comment

I raise my glass of diet Coke to the man with the brilliant, crazed mind who kept it real.
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

The late, great Hunter Thompson has been cremated, and his final wish--having his ashes shot out of a cannon--is being planned.

What a great way to go!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X