Price/Availability of Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price/Availability of Diesel

Moving to Oahu soon...can somebody tell me about the diesel fuel situation on the island? Price, availability--cheapest place to buy it. I've got an old Mercedes diesel that I can't bear to part with. And, eventually, I'm going to convert it to burn WVO (waste vegetable oil)-can't beat free fuel! Thanks for the tips.

Re: Price/Availability of Diesel

The good news is, I know there are WVO folks around, definitely on Maui but probably in Honolulu as well. It's good stuff, and I hope we see more of it.

The bad news is, gas of any variety ain't cheap. We're not always the most expensive market in the country, but we flip-flop the top spot with California. For real-time prices, fortunately there are a few volunteer "price spotters" here that contribute figures to sites like GasPriceWatch.com and GasBuddy.com. I don't see any diesel prices posted recently, but you can look at what regular/premium is going for and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Google for "Hawaii diesel". I didn't find (on the first page) a list of stations, but I did find this thread at something called the future energy network. It talks about a company called Pacific Biodiesel, which makes veggie oil fuel and sells diesel, too.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Thanks for the links

Comment

Working...
        X