X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEATHER- Whether we like it or not.

The winds have shifted here on
    our great island of ours.

The wind seems cooler & colder these days.

Some like it, some don't.

You have something to say about this weather?
    Post it here.

Brrr.....

Check out the link:

Brrr... Chilly Weather To Stick Around.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: WEATHER- Whether we like it or not.

I like it COLD! Making homemade soups, drinking hot cocoa w/ whipped cream and eating fresh baked cinnamon bread from the oven. Then cuddling up and watching video's or cd's wee into the hours with the one you LOVE.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I am more of a cold person myself.

Comment

Well, I saw a different newspaper story which said this "cold wave" should go away by mid-week. Sooner the better, I say.

Comment

I get cold REALLY easily and when I get cold, I feel like I'm freezing. So basically I've been miserable the past few days. Mostly because when it gets cold, my nose just shuts down and I can't breathe, then I get a headache and my knee starts to hurt. Sucks to have to spend 3 hours in freezing A/C only to go outside and stand around in cold wind.

But...I like being cold way more than I like dying in the heat.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Another way of looking at cold weather is that there's no law against how much clothing you can pile onto your body to keep warm; but there are laws against taking off enough clothes to keep you cool!

In the "old days", what did people do to keep warm? Stay in bed, snuggled up with another warm body, drink lots of hot chocolate...

What did people do to stay cool? Sit on a big block of ice until their okoles froze?

I'll bet Kupo was born in the summer months, Albert in the Spring or Fall, Auntie Lynn in the winter (I already know this one) and Helen sometime in the winter, too.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

My birthday is next month, actually

That's pretty much why I like cold more than heat. It is so hard to find a way to stay cool in the summer. It's easy to be warm, just pack on the clothes, or make my dogs sleep near me.
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

And I was born offically in the summer but just a few days before fall starts.

Comment

Having come down with the flu that has been going around, the wind (and accompanying chill) only makes my experience more miserable. My apartment has no heat, so at night with all my blankets piled up and Mainland winter clothes on, I'm still freezing. I'm going to be very happy when the wind stops...hopefully it can take my flu with it...and at the same time, maybe it could send over the plumber too, since my washing machine is broken and I'm running out of winter clothes. Grrr.

Comment

One of the nastier things is the ridiculous design of the vehicles provided by TheBus. Of course, we don't need their usual frigid air-conditioning right now, but when they turn that off (as most drivers have in the past two days), the air gets so nasty and stuffy. Why on earth couldn't the buses have the ability to circulate fresh air without refrigerating it?

Comment

Albert,

I thought that either some or all buses have that ability to have some ventilations. That square thing inside the bus which is on the ceiling, I thought that can be pushed to open for ventilations, so the air can circulate inside?. I saw that, one time when I actually looked up while inside the bus.
                      I thought about it, but I am to short to do anything about it. Some buses may have it, maybe some don't. I remember, in my high school years before, when I rode on the bus, & I needed air, I could open the side windows. Now, with the new buses, I don't even know if anyone is allowed to open the windows at all. Shucks.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

With the buses now it seems that the windows can only be open in an emergency. I haven't noticed if the most recent models have the vent on top.

Comment

Here in Southern California, we are living in rain, mud and mold; not to mention a marine layer that gives the impression of a dreadful low ceiling in an apartment with sad lighting.....arrgh. I never bothered to go find out, but I suffer from light like this. In theatre I adored stage lighting...not the least for all those wonderful "gels" (clear colored panels that fit over the stage lights to change moods, rooms, speeches, everything...I still love lamps, and crystal lights...oh let's face it, I have a bordello sense of furnishing, but my husband....doesn't, so I wait for the sun to return all day. The morning sunlight can propel one through the day...and it's just not here like usual...this makes me so blue I turn gray, and I can't believe how many friends feel the same....I used to combat this by lighting candles...my cats put a stop to this after the fifth time they leeeeeeeisurely ran their tails through the warmth of the flame and I smelt disaster and set a Land Speed Record for said cat....so darkness and safe kitties reign...oh, I live by the beach in an older apt...wiring won't take strong light plus SDG&E charges all this neighborhood prices that freeze the checking account, but hey, I live one minute from the beach, so I bitch, and do, bitch and do.
                          Story of my life...anyone else like this?

OH! SPEAKING OF CATS AND OPEN FLAME; I DID FIND AT A CRAFT STORE THE OTHER DAY, GLASS SLENDER CHIMNEYS THAT FIT OVER CANDLES....I MUST REMEMBER TO GET SOME AND SEE IF MY CAT IS SO ATTENTION CRAZY THAT SHE DIPS HER TAIL INTO THAT TALL SLENDER TOP...CAN'T DESCRIBE IT, BUT YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IF IT WORKS, I WILL SHARE, BECAUSE I KNOW CATS LOVE HEAT AND SURELY, I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS DILEMMA....cats cats cats, my treasure and my tribulation, thank goodness that I have them to make me crazed in any event!
                          Last edited by prettyday; March 17, 2005, 03:49 PM.

Comment

What's up with this rain?!.

It started late last night, which fell into this morning & have not stoped,yet.

The weather was great almost all week. Then we get this rain storm.

Sheesh!.

Hope it stops on Saturday!.

Yeah, sure, it helps all the plants on this island,
                            & helps everything to turn green, but sometimes,
                            we end up getting wet in the process. Oh well.

Aloha.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Nice, sunny mostly with some winds today.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X