Wea is da best pupus at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wea is da best pupus at?

I like to eat (pupus) wen I drink. "Moto" wen mention dis first in da odda thread. My favorite place used to be at Korobara but now under new management and I don't drink often as before. Still, in case I do...wea is the bess pupus at?
    I just remembered one...Shintotei up Nuuanu!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 18, 2005, 03:45 PM. Reason: Remembered one...
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Wea is da best pupus at?

Try Side Street Inn -- my co-workers and I go there about every other week after work.

I really love their food -- we also eat lunch at Side Street a couple times a week -- can't get enough of their tasty grub!!!

Comment

dig:

http://www.happyhoursinhawaii.com/by_pupus.html

Comment

Oh man Side Street Inn that is one of Honolulu's best kept secrets, too bad for the limited parking though.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          one of Honolulu's best kept secrets
          Okay, for good pupus and awesome music, one of Honolulu's (okay, Kaneohe's) best kept secrets is Honey's at Ko`olau... Sunday afternoons, I think 4pm to 6:30 but might be slightly different. Great pupu menu and the music is Mike Ka`awa and friends (all top guys!), and almost every single week the legendary Eddie Kamae sits in! (The only place he plays publicly any more, except special events.) No publicity, no tourists, just locals. WheeeeHAW!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

too late

i don't know if you guys remember an old dump, well, that's taking it a bit too far. a very laid back place near the airport called big d's?

they used to have very good poke at a very reasonable price.

too bad, though. they're gone now and another business is there called lucy's or stephanie's or something like that....
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I'd call it a dump, but it's an affectionate description, really. But yeah, a few months ago, it became "Lisa's House," and I've never been inside. The strange thing is, the "Big D's" sign is still out front. I imagine the new proprietor doesn't mind the benefit of the subsequent confusion.

Comment

to pzarquon

okay, as long as you use the term "dump" in an affectionate way cuz i liked that place. the workers were nice, it was laid back, the beer was cheap and the poke very good!

i wish you had gone there so i could ask you how the pupu's are! i'm chicken s*#& and don't wanna be the guinea pig!
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I go to Sunflower lounge in Waimalu. They have the deep fried pork chops like Sidestreet, good spicy poke', my wife likes the deep fried chicken gizzards. If you go there order the hot rice with sheets of Korean Nori, grab the hot rice with the sheet of Nori and eat like a Sushi, broke the mouth... Simple pupus but close to my home in Mililani.
                  Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Aku bone(right around the corner from side street) is pretty good. Get solid all around pupu menu, but I gotta suggest the pork chops. If I remember right one full order is like 10$ and its way bigger then side streets pork chops. My friends even said that they liked Aku bone's pork chops better than side street. Try da place out if side street is too packed.

check out this article from Honolulu advertiser
                    'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Re: too late

Originally posted by shaveice
                      i don't know if you guys remember an old dump, well, that's taking it a bit too far. a very laid back place near the airport called big d's?

they used to have very good poke at a very reasonable price.

too bad, though. they're gone now and another business is there called lucy's or stephanie's or something like that....

I used to go to Big D's before when I worked at the airport. The place was pretty good plus had some pretty good lunch deals.
                      'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

One more place with some pretty good pupu's is Anyplace near the corner of mcully and king. Its an allright place with pretty good pupu's all around. It has a nice laid back atmosphere with karaoke and tv's.

Comment

whea sidestreet inn stay??
                          Reggie aka pinakboy
                          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                          Recipe Tube TV!
                          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy