Heritage And Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage And Culture

On another thread "crowded and exploited," Kilinahe posted a comment in reference to one's culture and heritage. It touched me personally for I was on my way to the Fil-Am Celebration at Kapiolani Park.

Instead of going there with a negative and Bi-Polar attitude, I went there full of excitement and a new sense of being a Proud FILIPINA...

read more at my weblog.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 20, 2005, 06:38 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Heritage And Culture

What a beautiful thing Aunty Lynn! I'm glad you beamed pride! Like I said on my post on the crowed and exploited thread....

"Celebrate your culture, don't turn your back on it. Your ancestors are why you are living, they are in your blood and it's a wonderful thing."

And it looks like you did just that. Proud of you!!!!
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

LeiKaina, Oooops, my apologies. It was your wise words that did the soul serching within me,upon which I am very greatful and proud of my heritage and cultural. Mahalos, again.

Unbeliveable feelings mere words could not possibly describe!

Salamat po,
      Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; March 21, 2005, 07:47 AM.

Comment

No worries Aunty. All that matters is how you felt! You seem from reading your weblog and many things here on HawaiiThreads to be a beautiful person and you have many times brought a smile to my face. Mahalo for that!

- Lei
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina
          No worries Aunty. All that matters is how you felt! You seem from reading your weblog and many things here on HawaiiThreads to be a beautiful person and you have many times brought a smile to my face. Mahalo for that!

- Lei
          Wow! You're welcome my dear!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            On another thread "crowded and exploited," Kilinahe posted a comment in reference to one's culture and heritage. It touched me personally for I was on my way to the Fil-Am Celebration at Kapiolani Park.

Instead of going there with a negative and Bi-Polar attitude, I went there full of excitement and a new sense of being a Proud FILIPINA...

read more at my weblog.
            I read about that event in the paper the other day. I wish I went to it... I've never been to any of those Fil-Pride events in all my life. That was really a nice article and it some of those interviewed for the article I could relate to.

It's weird because being born and raised here in Hawaii I think I identify myself with more of the "local" culture than my Filipino heritage. My dad is from PI but my mom is a local filipina. I was never one to feel a need to show pride in my race ... it's not that I'm ashamed of my ethnicity ... just never thought it should be a big deal.

But yeah, next year I'm gonna make it a point to go to that thing.

Comment

Working...
            X