The simple things in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The simple things in life

Isn't it ironic? I just spent $40 taking my two children (8-yr old son and 5-yr old daughter) to see "Robots" but they're now having a heck of a lot more fun watching the Honolulu City & County crew trim and mulch the tree in front of our home. Why didn't someone tell me that my $$ was better spent at Macy's?

Re: The simple things in life

ww.liAh, the paradox of the box the Christmas present came in...

My family and I had a busy and full weekend (we saw "Robots" too!), and the last "task" planned - organized in a rush and at last minute - was almost scrapped: a trip to Waimanalo Beach with some friends. We were tired, and not entirely looking forward to the long drive from Mililani.

But of all the things we did over the last two days, that trip to the beach cost the least, and did our spirits the most good. I'm very glad we went, and I'm making a personal resolution to get out to the beach more often.

Comment

nothing is more precious than babies and children being loved, playing, laughing and smiling. Pictures are awesone . My computer usually makes pictures blurry but yours came out clear. how'd you do dat?

simple things in life. hugging and kissing MAMA and Antonio. looking at the beautiful blue skies, eating shave ice and going to waikalulu to see and hear the sounds of the waterfall, smiling and greeting a stranger...being blessed to live and enjoy all the simple things in life.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        My family and I had a busy and full weekend (we saw "Robots" too!),
        Kill a couple hours at da movie multiplex watching commercials and new release with the voice of the ubiquitous Robin Williams;
        Expensive.

Spend time wit da keiki and wahine at da beach in our beautiful paradise;
        Priceless.

Comment

Ho, Ryan! Cuuuuuuuuute, da keeds! Thanx for posting the pix.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            My computer usually makes pictures blurry but yours came out clear. how'd you do dat?
            yea, aunty.
            HE made your pics clear. and I admit, I DID try to manipulate the board's internal software and reduce your post count back when you were trying to up it to 400.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              yea, aunty.
              HE made your pics clear. and I admit, I DID try to manipulate the board's internal software and reduce your post count back when you were trying to up it to 400.
              can you really do dat? up wat kimo? ya said wat? hahahaha (i'm rolling on the kitchen floor with laughter!)
              Last edited by 1stwahine; March 21, 2005, 01:59 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What adorable and HAPPY kids! Glad you enjoyed your beach time. It sure is more rewarding that cleaning the house and running endless errands. I'll be sure to squeeze in the beach during spring break. The children have endless requests: Sea Life Park, zoo, bowling, and the beach. The funny thing is that they also think helping me wash the windows (with the water hose, yes I do it the lazy way) is great too.

Comment

Excellent photos, adorable children. Nothing better than spending the day at the beach with the family.
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

ADORABLE KEIKI! They are beautiful! You know since my 2 year old and 5 year old have yet to go back home to O'ahu with me I have refused to take them to the brown sludge they call a beach here in California. I look at the water back home in your pictures and I am saddened that they don't get to experience that. They will be finally traveling with husband and I this next year though and my oldest talks about it every day. He says, "Mommy, when can I see my Hawaiian great grandma in Hawai'i and not in Las Vegas?" LOL!! For the longest time he thought she lived in Las Vegas because that's the only place he saw her at.

Back to the weird beach water subject. Has anyone been to another state's beach and been thoroughly disgusted at the sight, feel, and SMELL of the water and sand??? I just can't let my keiki's first memories of a beach be of the cold, brown, gross California water. Call me biased.
                    Last edited by Lei K; March 22, 2005, 07:18 AM.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina
                      Back to the weird beach water subject. Has anyone been to another state's beach and been thoroughly disgusted at the sight, feel, and SMELL of the water and sand???

OOOooohhh yea. When I am in Cali, i NEVER go near the ocean. Well, walk on da sand, but dass eet. And it IS a strange sight to see surfers on tiny waves, wearing wetsuits.

Comment

You had to start a keiki bragging thread...The last of the line for the Watanabe Ohana

Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 22, 2005, 04:19 PM.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          You had to start a keiki bragging thread...The last of the line for the Watanabe Ohana

And how does the "last of the line for the Watanabe Ohana" feel about that dubious title? Kinda putting a lot of pressure on the tyke, yeah? Actually I know he's not the last of the line because I know he has 5 older brothers.

Being the baby, though, I bet he's getting spoiled rotten by his Honolulu cousins and grandparents!

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Ho, da cuuute! Keiki bragging thread, eh? There should be one. Kid pictures are a staple of message boards. Thanks so much for all the compliments, but I assure you, all physical virtues exhibited by my offspring are derived from my wife's genes. (Of course, you knew that already.) And note that not all the kids in the gallery I linked are mine!

Leikana, I know what you mean about what other places call "beaches." I've seen 'em in Hong Kong, Florida, California... and while some are pretty, some are downright scary. I once wondered why some places let you drive cars on the beach... but after seeing what qualified as a beach, it didn't bother me much anymore.

That's not to say Hawaii beaches don't develop their own smells... but taken with everything else, you're willing to write it off as part of the charm.

Comment

Ho da cute keikis you get heh! Nice shots too....clear and love the color! I sometimes go down to the beach here to photograph the local surfers....east coast.....it has a smell all its own! And the color...it's a cross between black and dark greeeeeen! *LOL*
                              Last edited by EastCoastTropics; March 24, 2005, 10:16 AM.
                              Lovena

Comment

Working...
                              X