places to take a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• places to take a kid?

being a small city, i don't think there are a lot of places to take a one-year old for some playing/walking but one good place is the discovery center.

question: can anyone suggest another place that would be good that's like the discovery center?

the zoo? maybe... the aquarium? maybe...

other places?

thanks!

(ps: my wife's kinda paranoid about exposing our kid to the sun at her age so indoor places would be ideal.)
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: places to take a kid?

Indoors? That's no fun. But when the day gets hot or rainy, I used to take my toddlers to Kahala Mall. It's sealed from the weather and air conditioned and carpeted, good for developing walking toddlers when they fall on their knees.

You might want to try tide pools in the late afternoon or early morning. East Honolulu has some great shorelines for that kind of activity. I took my kids to Sandy Beach to go searching for aquatic life during low tide.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

tanks craig

like i said, my wife's kinda paranoid about the kid getting too much sun and dat's why i asked about indoor places.

yup, took my daughter to kahala mall just this past sunday for the very reasons you mentioned. good idea.

the tide pools idea is very good too, though my little one is only 13 months old. she's just on the verge of walking.

thanks for the ideas, though!
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
      X