Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you see outside today?

sorry, the article was satire.
    Last edited by adrian; April 27, 2005, 08:33 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Did you see outside today?

Adrian, I'm not admin or a moderator but I like your question. I was fortunate to have been able to read the article you posted. Unfortunately, there are people who spend too much of their time on the computer that they forget what it looks outside, to be part of the human race. Interaction with others and taking care of themselves.

For those of us who have the opportunity to spend time more than others on our computers is just that. Individuals who have the time. What we do with it and if it is a positive one, more the better.

There is a big difference in using the computer as a tool to do constructive things in one's work, leisure time, etc. Problems begin when you let the computer control your every being of existence.

Thanks for posting the question. Sometimes I am guilty of spending to much time on my computer.

Auntie Lynn aka Aunty Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Whoever can sit infront of a computer for that long, deserves to die. Who'll pick up the food you order online? (j/k)

I can barely sit on the computer for more than 3 hours, until I have to use the bathroom or get a drink of water.

Comment

But with the advent of WiFi and WiFi enabled PDA's you can take your HawaiiThreads virtually anywhere: to the bathroom for some heavy contemplating or to the kitchen table where you can discuss what's for lunch while eating it!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          But with the advent of WiFi and WiFi enabled PDA's you can take your HawaiiThreads virtually anywhere: to the bathroom for some heavy contemplating or to the kitchen table where you can discuss what's for lunch while eating it!
          Remember the good ol days even before fax machines?

then later, got one of those big clunky radio shack portable phones, juts before the brick phone.

Didn't use it so much, owing to a dollar-every-3 second charge damn near and the 25 lb weight.

Now some of us yearn for those days:
          I really don't want to surf the net or do email while i am driving, at the beach, sailing.
          I don't wanna see people block entrances, doorways, sprawled all over the weight machines at the gym on their cell fone, or blocking the sidewalks standing there yapping as if their cell phone cactivity is the center of the universe. I happily and purposefully leave my cell phone at home or in the car shut off more and more often and all's the better. less stress.
          c'mon. this is Hawaii. slow down, peeps!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            I don't know about wifi, but since my phone is WAP enabled, I can browse a cell phone forum from anywhere (ironic isn't?). But again, I have to sign up for tzones, then hope that my Mom can pay for the data charges.

But I don't like to surf on a 176x220 screen, and the speed is slower than 56kbps.

And give me a wireless LAN and a laptop, then I can move around the house (or even down to my cousin's house if I wanted to)

Comment

Working...
            X