Kung Fu Hustle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Hustle

Lots of fun. I thought that the R rating was unwarranted -- there were a few scenes with a little blood, but Kill Bill this definitely isn't. My favorite bit was the guy with the jangly arm rings -- it made me think of all the local ladies with choke Hawaiian Heritage gold bracelets on each arm. Ho, maybe they're all actually secret kungfu masters.

Re: Kung Fu Hustle

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    My favorite bit was the guy with the jangly arm rings -- it made me think of all the local ladies with choke Hawaiian Heritage gold bracelets on each arm. Ho, maybe they're all actually secret kungfu masters.
    Either dat or the following: Dance Hula, Drug Dealers, have husbands/boyfriends that sell drugs, have low self esteem and want to just show off by looking like one Christmas Tree....or a combination of any of the above.

Note: The well Hula Dancer will probably wear one -three small Hawaiian Bracelets, maximum.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Big thumbs up from me on this movie too. Light-hearted and silly in a good way.

Comment

Man I loved this movie! The wife and I went to see it last Thursday for our official date nite before she left for the mainland for a few days. She sat through it acting disinterested but I saw her laugh a couple times (we take turns... I'll be forced to watch a girly movie next) . The fight scenes brought back memories of watching kung fu movies in Chinatown when I was a kid... with the exaggerated punching sound effects.

Comment

In this movie, you know all of the villians due to they are easy to spot. It's the heroes that are harder to spot.

The part that got me and the rest of audience laughing out loud was the scene where Sing (according to the credits, since I don't think his name is ever mentioned in the movie) and his friend attempting to throw the three knifes at the landlady. My side was hurting from the laughter.
          Last edited by helen; May 17, 2005, 10:33 AM. Reason: correcting a word

Comment

Great tribute to all kung fu movies!! enjoyed it very much!! get the DVD!!
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

The DVD for this movie comes out on August 9, 2005.

Comment

da dvd out long time in da original cantonese dialogue and english subtitles! i no can wait for the american dvd. original pake mo betta!
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Costco is selling Kung Fu Hustle with either Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or The Medallion for around $25.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                    Costco is selling Kung Fu Hustle with either Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or The Medallion for around $25.
                    I'm there!...............Great time passer when the wife is out doing girly things with her friends.

Comment

in case you're interested, sunday's (advertiser) review of the dvd:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...508120305/1123
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                      X