Military Bases on Oahu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Bases on Oahu

Dont know why i thought of it the other night fore trying to snooze but on the island of Oahu there are how many military instillation bases? How come? I dont know, other than Schofield, who is what and what is who but i am thinking maybe as many as two per branch? Any enlightenment would be appreesh.
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: Military Bases on Oahu

There are Seven active military installations on Oahu, Naval Base Pearl Harbor, Hickam Airforce base, Kaneohe Marine Corp air station, Ft Shafter Army base, Schofield Barracks Army base, Naval Communications Center in Wahaiwa, and Lualualei Naval radio station. There are also various Military installations that are not active but still in semi use and not avaliable to the general public, Bellows airforce station, Barbers point Naval air station, and a bakers dozen more that I don't know the name of off the top of my head. With the Hawaiian Islands being the almost the center most point in the Pacific ocean this is the perfect spot to place bases for jumping off to in problem areas around the Pacific and Indian ocean. I am by no means a historian so I don't know the history of each installation. I know most were here prior to WWII. Pearl Harbor was first used by the US Navy in the Late 1800's and became a permenate installation in the early 1900's. I have seen pictures of the Pearl harbor area in the 20's 30's and 40's when there wasn't a whole lot between it and Honolulu but pinapple fields and open land.
    May God bless those who love us. And those who do not love us, may He turn their hearts. And if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

Comment

Re: Military Bases on Oahu

Coast Guard Sand Island is the HQ for all CG activity. We just bought our new HDTV from the exchange there, and driving around it the place looked pretty active to me.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
      X