Hawaii's future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's future

Let's hope this new Lingle-appointed commission spends the $60k budget it's been handed to create some meaningful alternatives to sustaining Hawai'i's economy. It would be a shame if the money and the time spent only creates another report that will go on the shelf with all the other reports that have been written about ways to keep Hawai'i's economy flowing in good and bad times.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Hawaii's future

If this new commission is anything like the panel that is supposed to investigate child deaths in Hawai'i, I don't think we can expect much from this economic sunny skies commission. But I can create a report on the best way sustain Hawai's lauded (and from where I'm sitting suspect) prosperity, and I wouldn't charge the 60K. All it would say is "Help Small Business."
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

What Karl Rove might say to Linda Lingle

While I was ferreting around for information, I came across the following draft memo with words which Ira Rohter, the author, believes Karl Rove might have sent to Gov. Lingle as a kind of postmortem of the dismal Republican results in the last election, with a roadmap on how to turn things around for the Republican Party in 2006.

Some of it is farcical, but it does make for a good read on how the White House's tactics work, and how they might be applied to Hawaii politics. Have fun reading this. The author is an Associate Professor of Political Science at UH-Manoa.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: What Karl Rove might say to Linda Lingle

Originally posted by Miulang
        While I was ferreting around for information, I came across the following draft memo with words which Ira Rohter, the author, believes Karl Rove might have sent to Gov. Lingle as a kind of postmortem of the dismal Republican results in the last election, with a roadmap on how to turn things around for the Republican Party in 2006.
        Miulang
        I'm pretty sure that the piece ran in The Honolulu Weekly a couple of months back. Certain, almost. I thought it came off as shrewdly toungue in cheek and contained genuine nuggets of true political savvy. Does that make me a Republican?
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Working...
        X