Moving to Hawaii in August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Hawaii in August!

After many months, we finally received word that my husband was accepted into the Army ROTC program and we will be transferring to Hawaii by August! We’ve made so many good friends here in Korea, that now I think we’ll have the added pressure of trying to keep in touch with all of them. I’m a terrific letter writer, if I do say so myself, but I do like to place the occasional phone call once in awhile, especially for special occasions like birthdays and whatnot. Since the cost of living is much higher in Hawaii, we’ll have to cut back somehow. I was hoping to find suggestions on this site as to cheaper calling alternatives or other ways to keep in touch overseas?

Re: Moving to Hawaii in August!

Great! I have a nephew at UH ROTC program. About cheaper correspondence...email!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Email and IM are cool, but I know sometimes you just wanna hear someone's voice, right? I'm going with a calling card b/c not everyone I know is online (hard to believe, huh, but I AM from a small town in Arkansas!). I found online that OneSuite.com offers toll-free service from Hawaii (I guess it's a new thing). I hope it works out... seems pretty easy-

Comment

Originally posted by kalena32
        sometimes you just wanna hear someone's voice, right?

one word;
        Comment

Will you have commisary priveleges? That's the best suggestion I could make... don't buy groceries ANYWHERE else!

Comment

Originally posted by cyndi2774
            Will you have commisary priveleges? That's the best suggestion I could make... don't buy groceries ANYWHERE else!
            Yeah, use the commissary -- let the taxpayers pay for your groceries and household goods. Much cheaper that way, I hear. For someone, anyway.

Comment

FYI -- The taxpayers don't pay for your groceries when you shop at the commisary. (And, for the record, as a business owner, I pay quite a lot of taxes myself!) The commisary keeps prices down by buying on such a large scale. They are able to negotiate lower prices (just like Wal Mart) because they can buy SO much. They are also not allowed to make a profit. They charge enough to cover their costs... not to put a CEO in a mansion.

As a result of my family's sacrifice, we are allowed the privelege of using the commisary for our shopping purposes. Despite some people's misinformed opinions, the commisary isn't a handout.

Comment

Working...
              X