Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship at University of Hawaii

Aloha!
    I´m a Mechatronic-Student from Germany. I´ve been accepted for an Internship at the ASL (Autonomous Systems Laboratory) at the University of Hawaii. The time of my stay will be from March 2006 to end of August 2006 (half a year).

My Problem:
    I need a accomodation! I already asked at the student housing company. but it´s not allowed for non-students to live there. So I checked the off-campus housing. But I couldn´t find good housings at all.

My questions to you:
    1. How could I get a place at the student housings? is there any other possibility?
    2. What kind of housing would you tell me?
    3. Is there a possibility in living at a family?

thank you all for every answer...
    helios

Internship at the University of Hawaii

Aloha!
    I´m a Mechatronic-Student from Germany. I´ve been accepted for an Internship at the ASL (Autonomous Systems Laboratory) at the University of Hawaii. The time of my stay will be from March 2006 to end of August 2006 (half a year).

My Problem:
    I need a accomodation! I already asked at the student housing company. but it´s not allowed for non-students to live there. So I checked the off-campus housing. But I couldn´t find good housings at all.

My questions to you:
    1. How could I get a place at the student housings? is there any other possibility?
    2. What kind of housing would you tell me?
    3. Is there a possibility in living at a family?

thank you all for every answer...
    helios

Comment

Re: Internship at University of Hawaii

If you are not a student, you won't have access to student housing, which is already in short supply due to overdue repairs and no new construction in years. I would say that the program you're working with, ASL, is probably your best bet in finding contacts for UH-centric (if not student only) housing options.

Rentals in all of Honolulu are in high demand, with prices going through the roof and landlords getting fifty applicants for every advertised unit. You can check out Rentals Illustrated and search around the Manoa/Makiki/Waikiki area, but unless it's a room-to-share setup, expect to pay a grand a month for starters.

There are, though, people renting out rooms in a larger home or otherwise sharing space. You'd need to check listings in the larger papers (Advertiser or Star-Bulletin), maybe the Honolulu Weekly, and of course the bulletin boards on campus... but by that point you'd be here and in need of a place to sleep!

There are also youth hostels, but I'm not familiar with those.

Comment

Re: Internship at University of Hawaii

Hi pzarquon!

thank you for your answer.

helios

Comment

Working...
        X