hows kaneohe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hows kaneohe?

I was talking to a guy yesterday that lived in Oahu for some time. He was telling me that my best bet as a haole newcomer would be to get an apartment on the south-east part of the island. Is this true?

I was checking out some apartments online that are located in the south-east part of Oahu. If any body can tell me about these neighborhoods I waould be extremely grateful.

The neighborhoods I'm asking about are:Kaneohe, Kahaluu, Kalihi, Aiea, Makiki, and Manoa. OH yeah, and Kaimuki. Any info would be helpful.

Everything else around the south-east part of the island seems so expensive. It was suggestd that I check out Hawaii-Kai. I did and there is no way that I would be able to live there. Well, I take that back. I would have to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Then wheres the time to actually stop what I'm doing, look around, and actually enjoy the environment that I am paying so much to live in.

Again, I appreciate any input. THANK YOU

Re: hows kaneohe?

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin had a special feature a while ago on Neighborhoods that I thought was pretty good. You should check it out to get a feel for the diversity of Honolulu's neighborhoods.

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I've read your posts, and I don't think you know what you're getting into. For the record, I'm a native haole, and have no reason for not wanting you to move here.

You said you wanted to get your kids away from crime; there is plenty of crime here. Just read the crime briefs in the Advertiser for a week or so.

The education system isn't great, and parents try to put their kids in private school, even if it means working 2 or 3 jobs.

Crystal meth use is RAMPANT here. It's a huge, huge problem.

Rents are outrageous. You can find a decent 2 bedroom in a relatively safe neighborhood for between $1,600 and $4,000 a month.

Why would you uproot your kids to put them through all that? Just for a beach?

There are plenty of places that are warm with beaches. Have you thought about Florida? South Carolina? Georgia? Hell, there are some very nice small towns in Central California very near to beaches.

I mean, the beaches aren't going anywhere. I know you love the beach, but what's best for your kids?

Comment

your right. okey, ill stay here. thanx.

Comment

Working...
        X