Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to the Big Island

Aloha,
    I am getting ready to move to the Big Island for my new job. I will be working at the Hilton at Waikoloa Village, so I am looking to live somewhere around Weimea, Waikoloa, or Kona. The problem I am haveing is that none of the places I have found in the papers or online have any photos. Does anyone know of any places that have photos, or does anyone live someplace nice they could suggest?
    Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Moving to the Big Island

Originally posted by JuiceC2
    Aloha,
    I am getting ready to move to the Big Island for my new job. I will be working at the Hilton at Waikoloa Village, so I am looking to live somewhere around Weimea, Waikoloa, or Kona. The problem I am haveing is that none of the places I have found in the papers or online have any photos. Does anyone know of any places that have photos, or does anyone live someplace nice they could suggest?
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Private message Aaron S from HawaiiThreads. He lives someplace in Kona and can probably give you the scoop on what's available and what areas have more fruitful searches than others.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Moving to the Big Island

Depending on what shift you are working, you might be careful if you move into Kona as you will be stuck in traffic between 3:00pm-6:00 pm when traveling from Waikoloa Resort to Kona. If you are going to be working the day shift, and don't have other considerations like schools or nearby family to consider, you might first look into Waikoloa Village (up the hill from the resorts) or Waimea (Kamuela). From the practical viewpoint from the resorts, Waikoloa Village will be a 15 minute drive and Waimea more like 30. Kona, during traffic, plan on an hour. (It's not the amount of miles, but the road conditions such as only a 2 lane highway that make it take so much time.)
      I'd recommend you contact a realtor in Waikoloa Village, as many rentals do not even make it into the newspaper. Perhaps take a 6 months lease on a condo, and then get a feel for where else you might like to live in West Hawaii. Try Aldridge 808-883-8300 or Clark 808-883-8231. Once you live here, it will be alot easier to make connections.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X