Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What small business could benefit the community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What small business could benefit the community?

Hi everyone,
    My wife lived in Puna in the early eighties for one year and could not make it financialy and had to move back to the mainland (after many tears).We have been together for 5 yrs and have just been blessed with a baby girl (4months).We have always felt out of place in Orange County California and have dreamed of smalltown life for sometime and now with a little baby to think about the last thing we want is for her to grow up in is this polluted materialistic excuse for a community called OC.
    I have always ran a small business for income and would like some input on a possible small business that could be part of the solution in the Puna area.The business needs to be small (3 employee max) and laid back enough for me to put family and health first is does not need to be a big money maker just a couple K per month for my family and enough to pay any help well.Being as far away from the hussle and bussle as possible
    thank you

Re: What small business could benefit the community?

could our moderater move this thread to the business section?Sorry think I posted under the wrong topic
    /thank you

Comment

It'll depend on what the area already has.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        It'll depend on what the area already has.
        When we moved to the Kona side of the Big Island there were no places to buy a small trailer. Costco had them ocationally and sold out in days.

Some guy opened a trailer & pickup rack sales business in Kainaliu. He seems to be doing very well.

Find a need and fill it.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
          Hi everyone,
          My wife lived in Puna in the early eighties for one year and could not make it financialy and had to move back to the mainland (after many tears).We have been together for 5 yrs and have just been blessed with a baby girl (4months).We have always felt out of place in Orange County California and have dreamed of smalltown life for sometime and now with a little baby to think about the last thing we want is for her to grow up in is this polluted materialistic excuse for a community called OC.
          I have always ran a small business for income and would like some input on a possible small business that could be part of the solution in the Puna area.The business needs to be small (3 employee max) and laid back enough for me to put family and health first is does not need to be a big money maker just a couple K per month for my family and enough to pay any help well.Being as far away from the hussle and bussle as possible
          thank you
          For the Puna area, three small businesses come to mind: 1) a small law office specializing in family law, 2) a computer repair service, and 3) a coqui frog eradication service. Puna has changed quite a bit during the past few years as more "California refugees" and people from elsewhere move here. It's gotten a little mainland-style "hustle and bustle" as evidenced by the traffic congestion on Highway 130 during rush hour. Considering that it's one of the fastest-growing areas in all of Hawai'i, it will be interesting to see how it looks in the next ten years or so.
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Thank you for the input.I am a computer geek and even started taking in business to see if I wanted to do it full time but I found I didn't like the tech support end,I just wanted to fix em and build em but peeps seemed to expect free lessons and it seemed hard to balance wanting to help and charging for my time.
            How about raising/exporting plants?Can that work on the rainy side?My wifes cousin raised orchids I think till she passed away

Comment

Working...
            X