This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalee Holloway

Is anybody still following the goings on in Aruba? It seems IMO that the keystone cops were in charge of the investigation from day one and all hope is loss . IMO Natalee is dead and the Calpoe(sp) brothers should make a deal and hang that dutch brat by his olos.
    I don't know why they didn't bring in a psychic detective to help with the case.
    It might help...nothing else has.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Natalee Holloway

I've had little interest in this case from day one. A single story out of dozens just like it that play out every month, but it gets airtime because of the "pretty white girl" factor. And even if it was newsworthy weeks ago, it boggles my mind that people are still in a feeding frenzy over it.

Though to be fair, the only time I even see the story is at the gym on the TVs tuned to Fox News (bleaugh!), so maybe they're the only ones obsessing over her.

Reminds me of the Chandra Levy case. And what ultimately woke America up from its ridiculous fascination with minor stories.

Comment

I have to admit I'm one of those people who has been following the story. What I want out of it is a sense of closure and justice. I sympathize with her mother; I don't know if I'd survive if one of my daughters (or son) disappeared.

So, everytime there's a headline, I keep hoping it'll say they've found the girl's body. Then at least the mother might have some peace in laying Natalee to rest.
      ~'Ailina

Comment

I certainly sympathize with the family, who want to know what happened and to see that whoever did their daughter wrong is punished.

But it's not national headline news. It should never have been national headline news.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          But it's not national headline news. It should never have been national headline news.
          I guess I hadn't considered that aspect of it.

My brother is into photojournalism. He thinks the media is evil, that it plays on the minds of the public, cultivating this profound sense of fear and paranoia. He says this is one of the ways the "establishment" controls the nation.

I think it's an extreme viewpoint, but I can certainly see his point. Reading about all these women and children who disappear instills in me a sense of constant fear.

At the same time, though, wouldn't national media coverage be justified if it would help find these people--the victims and the perpetrators?

Then again, it's clear media coverage overkill usually destroys the case: O.J., Lacy Peterson, Michael Jackson, Jon Benet Ramsey...now Natalee Holloway.
          ~'Ailina

Comment

How did the media hurt the Laci Peterson case? That sob got what he deserved and is sitting on death row now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ailina
              I want out of it is a sense of
              closure
              and
              justice.

what's the difference bewteen the two, again?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                what's the difference bewteen the two, again?
                Closure: Her body is found, but the punk(s) who did it get away without going to prison.

Justice: The punk(s) who killed her go to prison and/or are executed.

Definite difference. There can be one, or the other, or both. At this point, there's neither.

Comment

I guess with all the Katrina news this is now a cold case and forgotten memory.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    A single story out of dozens just like it that play out every month, but it gets airtime because of the "pretty white girl" factor.
                    Why aren't there more missing Asians in the headlines?
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      Come on now Scriv.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        Umm....guess we have to wait for a dirt bag to kidnap an Asian, then we can watch it on the news later on and you can feel more equal.

Moron. I though this whole HawaiiThreads.com had interesting and somewhat intelligent members.

Holy Shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edenirene
                          Originally Posted by scrivener

Umm....guess we have to wait for a dirt bag to kidnap an Asian, then we can watch it on the news later on and you can feel more equal.

Moron. I though this whole HawaiiThreads.com had interesting and somewhat intelligent members.

Holy Shit.
                          Wow, what a useful and friendly comment. Who you?

Comment

Who dares wake me from my SLUMBER on a SUNDAY afternoon?

What was the question? And what is the topic? And who was it addressed to in the first place?

Oh...(yawns) hmmmmm...yes, we do have INTELLEGENT PEOPLE HERE. Very much so, dear. Sometimes we get ignorant and foul language ones too. It makes it interesting don't you think?

Ok. I'll think I'll stay a bit.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Edenirene
                              Cool it. Personal attacks are not welcome, period, but more importantly, it might have been a better idea for you to have gotten to know the community here better before passing judgement. Scrivener's comment was obviously a joke, based on recent episodes here surrounding claims of opressed Asians.

The joke's getting old, by the way.

Anyway, the Natalee Holloway media fest has, fortunately, long ago subsided. So we're done here.

Comment

Working...
                              X