Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

demilitarUSination of Archipelago Hawai'i ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demilitarUSination of Archipelago Hawai'i ?

re: U.S. vs. US 'Global Posture'

In the U.S., 35% polls "in favor of" --one militarUStic USventure after another; one militarUSt$ crUSade after another, interrupted too infrequently by truly humanistic crU.S.ades of Justice (Sudan, Uganda, Africa, with and without justUS; when, if not without justUS, at least not on behalf of, not in the name of justUS) [at moments of great (in a US quantumized time frame) politisized republic of devisiveness]-- corporatUSt$, in favor of militarUSt$ have for most of my life of 55yrs now, carried the day...carried generations of the "United States of America" of the Americas through its multifarioUS manUSfestations through the Americas and the Pacific Basin that was not already of British imperial corporatists, and sometimes French corporatists domain, after US imperial war against Spain, five or so years after sending in the U.S. Marines to secure for US corporatists the Hawaiian archipelago to exploit upon the generationally diminishing US$propriated gold and natural wealth of the indigenous peoples of California, who have been virtually exterminated with rarely a lethal bullet ever being fired by a duly employed U.S. government employee, duly submissive taxee.... and target of militant anti- U.S. policy by US, by accident or US design and neglectfulnUS.

My question is: Since, apparently, had it not been for the objections of US Senator Inouye, U.S. military expenditures in Hawaii would have diminished (except for the neighbor islands' "Stryker Force" proposed for Big Island, and Pacific Missile Range Facilities, aka "Star Wars", on Maui and Kauai), as in, demilitarization of the Hawaiian archipelago. Is that a correct observation?

Have a Question? Want to Send a Comment?

http://www.defendamerica.mil/
    ..... ..
    Last edited by waioli kai; August 25, 2005, 08:28 PM.

Re: demilitarUSination of Archipelago Hawai'i ?

i'M $orRY, wH&t diD yoU $aY?

Comment

... to feel $orry

No need "...to feel $orry", the world floats $orry enough on the promUS$orry notes already proffered for consumption by US corporatists and their cultUSt$ brethren.
      Last edited by waioli kai; August 25, 2005, 08:07 PM.

Comment

#uh!? w0t d@T yuh sey))

Comment

Re: demilitarization of Archipelago Hawai'i

Speaking and writing are not the same. Are you suggesting it is otherwise, or should be otherwise?
          Last edited by waioli kai; August 25, 2005, 08:25 PM.

Comment

uh, pard0# IAA E!?

Comment

The answer is yes. Once Dan Inouye and his considerable clout ride off into the sunset, Hawai'i will be in a world of hurt as far as getting pork from the barrel unless Ed Case can take his place. Unfortunately for the US corporations, any future takeovers of governments (as in Iraq) will involve much bloodletting. And the kanaka maoli are very angry at the DoD about Pohakuloa and Kukaniloko, where the Stryker Brigade are training because the government is treading upon sacred ground.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; August 26, 2005, 05:38 AM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                The answer is yes.
                I didn't even realize there was a question. Half a sentence in, I felt as if I'd de$c3nd3d 1int0 th3 Tw1l1ght Z0n3 and quit before I got dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  I didn't even realize there was a question. Half a sentence in, I felt as if I'd de$c3nd3d 1int0 th3 Tw1l1ght Z0n3 and quit before I got dizzy.
                  Heh. I guess it's just a "talent" I have...

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

furthering US militarization of Hawai'i

furthering US militarization of Hawai'i
                    "The answer is yes."
                    Thanks Miulang. "Yes", of course it would seem that without Inouye, militarUSt$ schemes on, plans for Hawai'i might diminish; but, when one considers that the United States' military industrial complex has, but for one God-forsakenUS Kaho'olawe, never returned lands to Hawaii (in the case of HI DLNR 6000sqacre grant to afford PMRF "a buffer zone" between Kekaha, Kaua'i and Na Pali, it is not a matter of "returning" anything. It is a matter of more US "taking". ) Their (i.e., US's; not to be confused with U.(period)S.(period)s') Iraqi expatriates' US-initiated civil war in Iraq, a US cure to 'Vietnam syndrome' and 'Somalia'. As with "A (another?) righteoUS War " they, US Corporatist, US Miltitarist have resolved to undertake a very "forward position in Hawaii", to pretend to want, maybe even honesty wanting, to de-subsidize u.s. Navy shipyard operations in Pearl Harbor while simultaneously, with their singularly oppressive regimen of nationalUSt paranoia, propaganda to sustain, when not otherwise expand, militarUSt aggressions in the name of the United States' peoples, diverting such monies to support US Stryker Hostility Force HQing in, upon and over Pohakuloa and Kukaniloko, not to mention monie$ --promUSorry note$-- dispersed in militarUSt$' furtherance of US's Pacific 'Strategic Defense Initiative' on all the major islands of archipelago Hawai'i.
                    -------
                    -------
                    "Once Dan Inouye and his considerable clout ride off into the sunset, Hawai'i will be in a world of hurt as far as getting pork from the barrel unless Ed Case can take his place."

No doubt Ed Case has Washington, D.C., on his mind more than anything else worth his getting credit for from the HI State electorate. Washington D.C. is a disease, not a cure; perhaps "The Disease" of our time, but most certainly not "The Cure": Never now, Never later is/will be Washington DC, US, a cure to the ills of Humanity, even when, even especially when such ills are a by-product of the maintenance of United States' US interUSt$.
                    -------
                    -------

"Unfortunately for US corporations, any future takeovers of governments (as in Iraq) will involve much bloodletting. : "

Some bloodletting will involve the bodies of corporatUSt$' U.S. Military enlisted and reserve personnel, but "much bloodletting" will involve the bodies of those toward whom corporatUSt$ 'conventional weaponry' is directed by their U.S. Government paid employees and contractors.
                    -------
                    -------
                    "And the kanaka maoli are angry at the DoD about Pohakuloa and Kukaniloko, where the Stryker Brigade are training because the government is treading upon sacred ground."

One could wonder...though our state legislative bodies have ceased to wonder, in public at any rate... What is going to be Superferry's role in furthering US militarization of Hawai'i? Time has told already: militarUSt$ are the star of the imperialUSt$ Hawaii, not "Tourism" !!
                    Last edited by waioli kai; August 26, 2005, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Re: furthering US militarization of Hawai'i

Originally posted by waioli kai

One could wonder...though our state legislative bodies have ceased to wonder, in public at any rate... What is going to be Superferry's role in furthering US militarization of Hawai'i? Time has told already: militarUSt$ are the star of the imperialUSt$ Hawaii, not "Tourism" !!
                      I suppose it would be cheaper for the DoD to let the Superferry be the primary transport of choice for getting their personnel and equipment interisland than to use their own ships or planes for that purpose. Other than the observatory atop Haleakala, I am not aware at this point of any other DoD initiatives to overrun Maui, at least not to the extent that it's happening on Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? A commercial entity being at the beck and call of the military??? One scenario that will likely piss off the "tourists" and locals who might want to use the Superferry...a reverse of the way things were during the Vietnam war when anybody in uniform flew standby instead of full fare: the military commandeering an entire ship (because of "security" reasons) to transport equipment and personnel from Honolulu to the Big Island, while civilians are left standing fuming at the dock...

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2005, 09:01 AM.

Comment

conduction of, aftermath of
                        "I suppose it would be cheaper for the DoD to let the Superferry be the primary transport of choice for getting their personnel and equipment interisland than to use their own ships for that purpose. Other than the observatory atop Haleakala, I am not aware at this point of any other DoD initiatives to overrun Maui, at least not to the extent that it's happening on Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island."

I once worked for a company that was contracted by FEMA to do land, aerial and water surveys of the West Cascades from Columbia River to Crescent City for FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency as FEMA initially manifested on behalf of projections focused (not on hurricanes) on the relocation, maintenance and security of U.S. Government officialdom and the bare-bones entity that would be needed to continue (as if. "We will survive a nuclear war, to rule some more ! Yes, we will !!" ('God forbid') ?) US's U.S. in the build up to, the conduction of, the aftermath of nuclear war.

With all the condos, hotel rooms and timeshares now on and in the works for these islands, surely the idea of relocating "essential" US personnel and company to the western flanks of the Cascades is not high on the list of US corporatist militarist survival options. That we are unaware of "DoD initiatives to overrun Maui", means that likely we are just not getting to view the complete militarUSt$' agenda; but, have such agenda ever been transparent to U.S. citizens whose lives most directly sustains US?

What FEMA plans are there for entire U.S. and their suburbs? "AloHah Maui, here come your new neighbors."
                        -----
                        -----

"Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? A commercial entity being at the beck and call of the military???"

Is there a U.S. commercial entity that would refuse to be at the beck and call of the military? Some "commercial entities" just begin that way.
                        -----
                        -----

"One scenario that will likely piss off the "tourists" and locals who might want to use the Superferry...a reverse of the way things were during the Vietnam war when anybody in uniform flew standby instead of full fare: the military commandeering an entire ship (because of "security" reasons) to transport equipment and personnel from Honolulu to the Big Island, while civilians are left standing fuming at the dock..."

Could be that a fleet of superferries are in the offing and no one will be left wanting, especially our militarUSt$.

Comment

militarUSt agenda feeding US hegemony

re: "U.S. vs. US 'Global Posture': 35% polls carry forward corporatUSt$' militarUSt agendae feeding hegemony..."

35% "in favor of" polls of U.S. electorate carry forward corporatUSt$' militarUSt agenda feeding US hegemony, for the better part of two centuries of U.S. generations.
                          Last edited by waioli kai; August 27, 2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think if any of our "enemies" in Asia decided to attack the US, Guam and Hawai'i would be given up as sacrificial lambs. There is no way the DoD could get enough troops ferried over to Hawai'i and Guam in time to provide a longlasting shield against invasion of the Mainland. Once Guam and Hawai'i are decimated, the last stand would have to be on the West Coast, where it would be easier to move strategic forces because there's no ocean in between sites. Now if Hawai'i was a sovereign nation, it could enter into treaties with any country it wanted to, which would save the 'aina and its people.
                            Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

militarUSt centuries of crimes against humanity
                              "Now if Hawai'i was a sovereign nation, it could enter into treaties with any country it wanted to, which would save the 'aina and its people."

I tend to side with those who attest that Hawai'i is a sovereign nation, and, that Hawai'i has been illegally occupied by US corporatist militarist since 1893. The US claim that Hawai'i is fundamentally indivisible from US's United States' federal system of justUS is at best wishful thinking on the part of US; at the worst, the US claim is admission of yet more of US corporatist militarist centuries of crimes against humanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X