Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add Hawaiian diacriticals to the edit screens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Hawaiian diacriticals to the edit screens?

After reading yet another person say that they wished they knew how to add Hawaiian diacriticals ( Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū ‘ ) to their posts, I just had a lightbulb go off above my head. Could we add them to HawaiiThreads' "Post New Thread" and "Reply to Thread" edit screens? Maybe they could go in a box just like the "Smilies" box, alongside the right margin of the text entry box. And you'd use them just like you use smilies. When you're composing a post, and you want to use an A with a kahakō in it, you just click on the Ā in the box to the right and presto! you've got one inserted into your text.

Is this doable, or would it be too much hassle to code into the system?

Re: Add Hawaiian diacriticals to the edit screens?

Maybe take a look at how the dictionary does it here:

http://wehewehe.org/cgi-bin/hdict?l=en

Comment

Re: Add Hawaiian diacriticals to the edit screens?

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      After reading yet another person say that they wished they knew how to add Hawaiian diacriticals ( Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū ‘ ) to their posts, I just had a lightbulb go off above my head. Could we add them to HawaiiThreads' "Post New Thread" and "Reply to Thread" edit screens? Maybe they could go in a box just like the "Smilies" box, alongside the right margin of the text entry box. And you'd use them just like you use smilies. When you're composing a post, and you want to use an A with a kahakō in it, you just click on the Ā in the box to the right and presto! you've got one inserted into your text.

Is this doable, or would it be too much hassle to code into the system?
      It should be doable. In the meantime, "cutting and pasting" works pretty well.
      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Working...
      X