Honolulu County Demographics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu County Demographics

The following chart represents the principal HSA (Health Service Area) that Honolulu, HI dominates and the national leading causes of death for that area as of 1997. The causes of death are age adjusted and shown by cases per 100,000.

http://www.ersys.com/usa/15/1517000/mortal.htm

The chart on the left shows the actual cases, whereas, the chart on right compares that information to national trends. To interpret the comparative chart, if a bar falls below average (the centerline) then the number of cases for that statistic is below normal as compared to the nation. Conversely, a bar to the right of the line indicates rates above average as compared to the country. Source: CDC - Center for Disease Control - Health Stats 1997.
    Last edited by admin; September 16, 2005, 09:44 PM. Reason: Do not insert images from other sites unless they're yours.

Honolulu County Demographics

The following chart represents the principal county that Honolulu, HI dominates and illustrates the percentage of those people who adhere to various religious beliefs in 2000 and compared to 1990 values

http://www.ersys.com/usa/15/1517000/religion.htm

The data was originally gatherd by survey, for more information on the survey and how it was conducted contact the American Religion Data Archive (http://www.thearda.com/)

I don't really get this chart.. the numbers.. but its intersting that Catholicism is the domimant one.. the followed by 'other'.. I'll assume could be partly Buddhist but could be almsot anything.. and then Mormon before Baptist.. its interesting anyways.

Also interesting that Jewish was almost non-existant in 1990.. and by 2000 it seems to have a very small segment into existance now. Also interesting that the only one that didn't actually increase would have been Baptist.
    Last edited by admin; September 16, 2005, 09:45 PM. Reason: Do not insert images from other sites unless they're yours.

Comment

Re: Oahu/Maui MORTALITY RATES vs. Mainland

Shhhhhh....It's a FRIDAY! I tawt I was PUPULE! At least I not Morbid. Now why would we want to know the Mortality rates vs Mainland rates Tiger Beer?

Aunty Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Religions of Honolulu County

I don't really get this chart.. quote from Tiger Beer (me too, Auntie Lynn)

You just made Luna, so you not going for fast points! What gives?

Comment

if I'm reading it right looks like Hawaii is doing great staying healthier than the mainland population

Comment

Politics of Honolulu County

http://www.ersys.com/usa/15/1517000/politic.htm

1980: Honolulu votes REAGAN just barely over CARTER.
            1984: Honolulu votes REAGAN significantly over MONDALE.
            1988: Honolulu votes DUKAKIS over BUSH.
            1992: Honolulu votes CLINTON over BUSH.
            1996: Honolulu votes CLINTON significantly over DOLE.
            2000: Honolulu votes GORE significantly over BUSH.
            2004: unknown..
            Last edited by admin; September 16, 2005, 09:46 PM. Reason: Do not insert images from other sites unless they're yours.

Comment

Re: Politics of Honolulu County

Oh! I get it!!!! You know how to post graphs!!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

what are fast points?

Comment

Those stats are what most people die of in Hawaii.. and then the other is compared to mainland for the same thing. Different places in the mainland (depending on city you view) would have completely different top reasons for death.

I guess the main thing I get is that most people are dying of old age than anything else.. such as heart disease, cancer and stroke.

As far as on the blue.. strokes are higher on the mainland statistically.. I'm going to guess possibly because of stress or sudden shock for various reasons.. potentially.

Anyhow.. the chart is kind of open to interpretation I guess.

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  Oh! I get it!!!! You know how to post graphs!!!!!
                  And I found a cool website with all kind of stats on Honolulu..

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
                    what are fast points?
                    Tiger Beer, there are NO FAST POINTS! It's late Bro...I was just playing with you. Good night.

Auntie Lynn

PS. Don't go putting up graphs for everything and anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
                      And I found a cool website with all kind of stats on Honolulu..

OH! NO!!!!!!

Comment

Is there a chart showing the percentage of Hawaii versus mainland residents who prefer farting blue over sweating green?

Comment

yea. keep fast points a secret. don't tell anyone.

here it is

http://www.udtinstruments.com/images/9400gph1.gif

study it closely...

here's another perspective

http://keating.sts.winisp.net/Blog/L...elineGraph.jpg

Comment

Re: Honolulu County Demographics

WOW! This thread got incredibly messed up!!

Originally it was one thread entirely about RELIGION with a very nice graph imbedded so people could actually see the stats on religion in Hawaii.

In addition there was a separate thread entirely on POLITICS and where people voted on the last election.. again with a very nice graph to visually see it.

Anyhow.. to make a long story short.. all the charts were removed and three separate threads were comibined into one thread.. so thats why this thread doesn't make any sense any more. (Just for clarification on this thread).

Comment

Re: Honolulu County Demographics

Uhhh..Hi Tiger Beer! Thats what they call Thread Happy or Graph Happy so everything is is put into a nice orderly thread....and not to confusing to the eye. Comprende my friend? Instead of putting up the graphs...see how the link is put instead. That way the members have the options to view it if they want to. Nuff said. Have a nice weekend. Eh, get plenty people swimming today in Waikiki!

Auntie Lynn
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 17, 2005, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X