Moiliili/UH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moiliili/UH

We're looking at an apartment right near the University on Varsity Circle - any advice on the area?
    Mahalo
    Stephen

Re: Moiliili/UH

It's a good area--centrally located, lots of basic stores (grocery, Longs, restaurants) in close proximity.

Comment

Varsity Circle is also dense with apartment buildings heavily populated by young University of Hawai'i students who are prone to late-night poker games, partying and raucous behavior.

Just a personal observation from ## years ago.

Comment

Mahalo Guys - I just noticed that the apartment has no parking - not going to work. Oh well!
        Stephen

Comment

one of the locals in Puna advised me to always camp out at night the place you are thinking about moving too because "The Freaks Come Out AT Night" Ba da da da da da

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            Varsity Circle is also dense with apartment buildings heavily populated by young University of Hawai'i students who are prone to late-night poker games, partying and raucous behavior.

Just a personal observation from ## years ago.

If it's constantly noisy, you eventually learn to tune it out, similar to when you live next to an area where trains are constantly chugging by or planes are constantly taking off. :-) I've done my share of living in areas populated by loud partying students, and I gotta admit that after a while I never heard them anymore because my brain had re-classified the sounds as inconsequential background noice.

Too bad the apt doesn't come with parking. G/L with your continuing search!

Comment

Isn't the H1 overpass kind of close by too? That would add to the traffic noise. Too bad about the parking spot but the place is kind of close by major bus routes like the #1 and the City Express A, as well as the #4, #6 and the #18.

Comment

I think we got lucky - I talked to the landlord and it does have one parking space - Sweet! Thanks again for all of your advice. Hopefully the traffic noise and partying college kids aren't too loud - oh well if they are, I'll get some ear plugs.
                Mahalo
                Stephen

Comment

Working...
                X