Surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface

Finally saw an episode of Surface tonight. I don't know if they always do a recap of previous episodes but I found that it was nice since I came in late into the series.

The part I didn't like is the character of Miles, I figure he would think it was bizzare that Nimrod was able to kill and eat a dog bigger than it.

Re: Surface

I guess 'cause the dog belongs to a girl that was only messing with his head
    and he found out she was playing him for a fool, when Nimrod struck, it was a sweet revenge thing for a guy and it didn't faze him.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Being a sci-fi nut, watched EVERY Surface episode from the premier to yesterday's "supermarket" ep.

The synopsis and individual episide plots so far remind how predictable this series is.

Miles' apparent bulletproof ability to beat getting in (serious) trouble or danger is the most annoying part so far. So "sci-fi".

If my prediction is currect, Dr. Laura and the guy chasing after the cause of his diving buddy's death will end up together.

One of Mile's family members will (sadly) become a victim of Nimrod.

Some of the people tied with the fed's cover-up will also become victims of these monsters.

Nimrod, having already developed an emotional bond with Miles will be the juxtaposition for settling the score between the "monsters" and the human race.

Overall it's easy entertainment. That's enough for me to watch, enjoy, and hope they'll JUST SHOW THE DAMNED MONSTER ALREADY!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yep, I've been watching this show, Threshold and Invasion from the day they all started. This is the weakest of the 3 new shows. I think those of us who have been following this show, better enjoy it while we can. I don't think this is holding up very well against ABC's Monday Night Football and CBS' comedy blocks.

And yes, I wish they would show the BIG monster. I just hate it that right before something good happens... bam... cut to commercial. That was annoying last night.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wouldn't the big monster be a bigger version of Nimrod? Also what's the deal with the sub and the missing crew? Didn't one crew member got washed up last night?

Comment

Man ! Did you see how Nimrod shocked the animal control officer? And his just a baby!

Flickr

Comment

What was that object the middle-eastern looking assistant backed into when he took the Jellyfish with the DNA out of the lab? Looked like it was a fatal injury.

Yet he's able to "outwalk" a bunch of security guards, take the Jellyfish DNA experiment and lock it up somewhere "safe", then drives to Dr. Laura's house , crashes into her yard, apparently just about to die, yet still alive and gives her the key to retrieve wherever that Jellyfish is.

You KNOW the FBI is going to be all over Dr. Laura and her post-traumatic friend at this point.

Mile's character is getting more and more annoying as the show progresses. Yet you can surely see how the writers intend to make Nimrod's obvious bond with Miles a way to juxtapose the interaction with this new "species" and the human race.

Otherwise, these creatures look powerful enough to make mankind extinct.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

So this jellyfish thing that the assistant takes from the lab, where it did come from, or where was it found?

The recap mentioned that a lake disappeared into a sink hole? Was one of the creatures came from there and managed to get out in the open ocean?

Originally posted by Pomai
                Otherwise, these creatures look powerful enough to make mankind extinct.
                Depends on how many there are. One to ten of them worldwide might make ocean travel or living by or on the sea kind of harder and dangerous but not the extinction of humans. On the other hand if they are around 10,000 or more of these buggas and they decide to feed on the land they yeah we will be in the fight of our lives since these creatures have the ability to generate electrical fields that can disrupt our gadets.

By the way was it shown that these creatures came from outer space or are local to Earth but hidden somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                  By the way was it shown that these creatures came from outer space or are local to Earth but hidden somewhere else?
                  In the premiere ep., there was a short clip where they showed a father and son in a boat, and what looked like a hail of meteors going into the sea. So perhaps these creatures are in fact extra terrestrial.

What if these sea creatures with their electrical powers decide to melt the polar ice caps? Global warming, catastrophic floods and loss of major portions of critical landmass would wreak havoc upon the entire earth.

Then Nimrod boards a space shuttle with Miles and flies to the International Space Station to really finish us off.

Miles, now an adult, mates with one of Nimrod's offspring to create a new "NimHuman" species.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The 11/7 episode of Surface kind of makes you wonder which is more dangerous, these creatures or the secert government conspiracy that knew about these creatures for 4 years.

Then again I am kind of wondering how come there are no urban legends thing about these creatures in this's world lore.

Comment

We haven't seen the last of Nimrod... he'll be back

Flickr

Comment

Miles's continued "hollywood-like" invulnerability is really getting under my skin.

It wouldn't surprise if next week's episode they show Nimrod fetching his older kin (or himself) on the Police and and Miles parents, scaring them away from the beach so Miles can escape.

Like I said, Nimrod is written as the Juxtaposition of the story.

Also getting under my skin is the guy with Dr. Laura as he continues to rant about his dead brother. Bury it already! That character shouldn't even have a lead roll. Just a small side-story. Are the writers going to suprise us later and reveal that his brother is still alive. At this point, I could care less.

On top of all that, the ratio of commercials to actual air time tempts me to change the channel and never return.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

What got me hooked on this show was the lack of TV on this time slot( I still think Doug should beat the crap out of Carrie in a drunken rage on the King of Queens) .

Flickr

Comment

Looks like Mile's did get arrested. I thought Nim' was gonna' get him outta' that one. Instead of being put in the slammer, his attorney father got him a reduced sentence of community service for 7 months, including a rather nice gig at the local aquarium.

Looks like Dr. Laura and her post-traumatized friend are stuck 5000 ft. below surface in the creature's lair.

The only way I can see them getting to surface is if that "heap" of a sub has a built-in ballast blow system. Knowing this show, that heap's probably got more features than a Navy nuclear sub.

Funny how none of the abundant creatures surrounding them haven't bothered yet.

I wonder how Dr. Laura's rich friend at the surface is doing? Before the end, they had you thinking he was a gonner.

I think Nim' is going to show up at the Aquarium where Mile's is doing time.

Those eggs that the Marine Biologist showed Miles will probably hatch and eat everything in the tank, just like Nim' did when he hatched.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Intestering that one adult got killed by at least one of those creatures yet Miles survive multiple bites by a pack of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X