Lingle wants results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingle wants results

I agree with Gov. Lingle's proposal that the DOE should get some of the surplus money the State has provided that they improve students preformance in the classroom. Hawaii's public schools are not up to snuff, but many of us ( including myself) cannot afford a better private education for our keiki. Why give the DOE money if they are going to not use it on our keiki first. Educating the keiki is a "first hand" way of seeing the money wqrk with higher test scores.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Lingle wants results

Originally posted by alohabear
    I agree with Gov. Lingle's proposal that the DOE should get some of the surplus money the State has provided that they improve students preformance in the classroom. Hawaii's public schools are not up to snuff, but many of us ( including myself) cannot afford a better private education for our keiki. Why give the DOE money if they are going to not use it on our keiki first. Educating the keiki is a "first hand" way of seeing the money wqrk with higher test scores.
    There was something in the local papers yesterday that said the number of students in public school in Hawai'i declined by something like 4%. The DOE isn't necessarily attributing it to a flight by parents to send their kids to private school or homeschooling, but instead to the aging of Hawai'i's population. THAT's where the problem in Hawai'i is going to be within the next 10 years or so...you will have more people aged 65+ per capita than anywhere else in the country. Each County's Office of Aging is also going to be needing additional funding to provide services for our kupuna.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X