Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Jerry Byrd

Hello Everyone,
    I have a 79 year old father who is a big fan of Jerry Byrd. I recently found out that there is a TV program he was on at PBS Hawaii. The show, "Na Mele: Traditions in Hawaiian Song" aired sometime in August or Sept. of 2001. That show featured Jerry Byrd playing steel guitar. I contacted PBS Hawaii and they told me that they didn't have a recording of the show in their archieves.
    Can anyone please help me get a video tape copy of that show or any show that Jerry Byrd appeared on in Hawaii? Ann at mfybgardening@yahoo.com

Looking for Jerry Byrd

Hello everyone,
    I have a 79 year old father who is a big fan of Jerry Byrd. I recently learned that there is a TV program he was on. The station is PBS Hawaii and the show is "Na Mele: Traditions in Hawaiian Song." It aired around August or Sept. of 2001. It featured Jerry Byrd playing steel guitar. It was on PBS Hawaii only. I contacted them and they said that they didn't have a recording of Jerry Byrd in their archieves. Please, can anyone help me get a video tape of that show or any show that Jerry Byrd was on in Hawaii?
    Ann at mfybgardening@yahoo.com

Comment

Re: Looking for Jerry Byrd

Don't know about the availability of the video, Ann, but there's another Jerry Byrd release coming out on CD next week.

Comment

Thank you for replying, Leo. Do you know if the new release has new material or the name of the new release?

Comment

It's called "Master of the Steel Guitar" - vol. 1, and it's a compilation of tracks from six previous releases. http://www.cordinternational.com/cord_95980.jpg

Comment

Desperately seeking Jerry Byrd

Hello Everyone,

I’m here in Walnut Cove, North Carolina; a 30 minute drive to the big city of Winston-Salem or Greensboro. My sister and I have dreamed of visiting your lovely islands since we were teenagers and we made a pact to someday visit Hawaii together.
            My Father, 79 years old, is a big fan of Jerry Byrd. I recently found out that there is a TV program he was on at PBS Hawaii. The show, "Na Mele: Traditions in Hawaiian Song" aired sometime in August or Sept. of 2001. That show featured Jerry Byrd playing steel guitar. I contacted PBS Hawaii and they told me that they didn't have a recording of the show.
            Can anyone please help me get a video tape copy of that show or any show that Jerry Byrd appeared on in Hawaii? Audio recordings of him playing in Hawaii?
            Please help me. Ann at mfybgardening@yahoo.com

Comment

Looking for Jerry Byrd

Hello Everyone,

I’m here in Walnut Cove, North Carolina; a 30 minute drive to the big city of Winston-Salem or Greensboro. My sister and I have dreamed of visiting your lovely islands since we were teenagers and we made a pact to someday visit Hawaii together.
              My Father, 79 years old, is a big fan of Jerry Byrd. I recently found out that there is a TV program he was on at PBS Hawaii. The show, "Na Mele: Traditions in Hawaiian Song" aired sometime in August or Sept. of 2001. That show featured Jerry Byrd playing steel guitar. I contacted PBS Hawaii and they told me that they didn't have a recording of the show.
              Can anyone please help me get a video tape copy of that show or any show that Jerry Byrd appeared on in Hawaii? Audio recordings of him playing in Hawaii?

Comment

Seeking Jerry Byrd

Hello Everyone,

Comment

Re: Desperately seeking Jerry Byrd

Seek, looking, desperately...hope you find him soon. Just post once. We get the message. Anymore than that -- you're SPAMMING!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sorry, don't want to be a spammer. I didn't know that everyone read every thread is why I posted more than once.

Comment

(cough,cough)Not everyone reads all the threads dear. Just pupule ones like me. No moa nothing better else to do but sit in front of da computer cause I handicap. Hope you find what you're looking foa real soon.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Seeking Jerry Byrd

Originally posted by mfybgardening
                        I contacted PBS Hawaii and they told me that they didn't have a recording of the show.
                        Since PBS Hawai`i produced the program/series, if they don't make copies available...this'll be a tough find. Hope that some angel somewhere taped it off-air and sees your plea. Of course, "unauthorized duplication is a violation of Federal law" and all that...

Comment

Re: Seeking Jerry Byrd

I have been told conflicting reports on whether or not PBS Hawaii had the Na Mele: Traditions in Hawaiian Song with Jerry Byrd. PBA emailed me that they didn't but someone else told me that they did at one time. I am looking for the original release that PBS sold.I would have been on VHS I am sure.

Comment

Hey how's North Carolina?? I got a friend that lives in Saluda N.C. Jerry used to teach at Harry's I believe. He played on a bunch of classic country recordings. Don't know anything about his PBS show but it sounds cool.

Comment

Working...
                            X