Getting up to the Kaena Point tracking station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting up to the Kaena Point tracking station

I came to Oahu 20 months ago, getting married on the North Shore. The island away from the tourist traps is out of this world. Now, I know why there is no road around Kaena Point - don't want more people ruinining it - but can anyone give me a pointer on how I get a pass to DRIVE A CAR up to the top near the tracking station to see the view? I know there is a gatehouse to stop you doing such things, but on the assumption I was a spy I would find a way up anyway ... can someone give me a clue, other that to say that I am (I am) from England and that I am Prime Minister Blair (which I am certainly not!)? Help appreciated.

David Longman - arriving on the island for three weeks from the 16th.

Re: Getting up to the Kaena Point tracking station

Just check in a the guard shack and have proper I.D.. Bird Hunting season is open untill the 3rd week in January so I dont reccomend going off the paved roads.

Comment

Thanks. I tried that last time, and was told to go and get a permit from somewhere downtown. Anyone out there can help with more info, please?

David

Comment

http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/pu..._camp_hike.pdf

Here is a printable downloadable permit. The address to fax or snail mail to is at the top, or you can just drive down and do it in person. Go to room 325 in the Kalanimoku Bldg on Punchbowl Street.
        GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Working...
        X