Here we come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we come

So me and the family are off to the island of Hawaii tomorrow morning. Will be there through New Years and then some. See you all around the volcano.
    If you see me give a shout. I have lots of steel in my ears and an Iban headhunter's tattoo on my Adam's apple. I should be the only one on the island to fit that description. Merry Christmahanukwanza!
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Re: Here we come

Mele Kalikimaka! Have Fun and tell your dad and his Bride to be we said CONGRATS too!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If you make it down to my old hometown of Na'alehu, stop into the Fruit Stand and have a fresh fruit smoothie...they are some 'brok da mout ono!

And at all costs, avoid the road to South Point, unless you're driving a 4WD vehicle...it gets pretty rough down there..and if you make a left at the fork in road, instead of going right, when you get almost to the point, if you decide to go (heading toward Green Sand Beach), hoo boy...the "road" is really bad!!

Here's hoping you have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Mele Kalikimaka! Have Fun and tell your dad and his Bride to be we said CONGRATS too!

Auntie Lynn
        Thank you Auntie, I surely will. Mele Kalikimaka.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
          If you make it down to my old hometown of Na'alehu, stop into the Fruit Stand and have a fresh fruit smoothie...they are some 'brok da mout ono!

And at all costs, avoid the road to South Point, unless you're driving a 4WD vehicle...it gets pretty rough down there..and if you make a left at the fork in road, instead of going right, when you get almost to the point, if you decide to go (heading toward Green Sand Beach), hoo boy...the "road" is really bad!!

Here's hoping you have a great time!
          Count on it SFB. I'll be staying in Discovery Harbor so I'll be right nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy

Last time I was in Naalehu, the Naalehu Fruit Stand stay closed ? This was
            just recently. As for the road to South Point, its not that bad. Me and
            my brother went cruising down there awhile back in a 2WD car.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              As for the road to South Point, its not that bad. Me and
              my brother went cruising down there awhile back in a 2WD car.
              Howzit Aaron:

It's not that it can't be done in a 2WD car, I just wouldn't recommend it. I've driven it in a 2WD as well, but I'm not going to again. South Point Road kind of lulls a driver into believing that it's a decent road at the start. It's pretty good from just south of Waiohinu continuing past the wind generators. But there comes a point where it gets really narrow and rougher...kind of like the Saddle Road between Hilo and Waimea...one of those deals where only one vehicle can get by and an oncoming vehicle has to pull over to the side of the road and yield.

I know that many auto rental agencies on the Big I expressly prohibit renters of their 2WD vehicles from traveling down South Point Road with their autos.

As for the road to Green Sand Beach, which one gets to by making the left at the fork in the road maybe a mile before one gets to the point..forget it! Last time I was down that way Dec. 2004, that road was nothing potholes filled by more and more potholes. One would be better off walking it than than attempting to drive a 2WD over it. To be honest, I think that road might be intended as a trail, but there is/was no sign indicating it as such. Maybe it has been repaved by now??

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                Last time I was in Naalehu, the Naalehu Fruit Stand stay closed ? This was just recently.
                To confirm, The Fruit Stand is indeed closed for good it would appear.

Comment

We used to drive down to Waiohinu for their sandwitches at the Mark Twain Store. The last time they wern't very good though. Couple of times they have been closed. Anyone know if they are open?

We would go down to South Point often in our Mustang. Never had any problem other than the road is a bit bumpy. We would take the Saddle road also and never understood exactly where the bad road was, other than being bumpy. I would not drive it at night though because the road is not marked very well, or should I say at all?
                  Last edited by rbinck; February 1, 2006, 12:21 PM.
                  Blog Of Hawaii
                  High Definition Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X