Returning to Oahu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to Oahu

I lived in the Honolulu area for quite a few years when I was younger, and will be returning later this year. I haven't been there in years and would like to get some information regarding renting an apartment, condo, or home. Does anyone know of any good rental sites that I could check out prior to coming out there? I'd like to set up appointments to visit such places prior to arriving. That way, I'll be able to see as much as possible as quickly as possible when I do arrive. I never had much luck with Rentals Illustrated (even when I was previously living out there) and using any search engine only proves to lead me to vacation rentals.

I'm not in any huge rush at the moment, but any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Returning to Oahu

Jeez, we have never been asked that question before. so. hmm. where to go..
    Try the online advertiser or star bulletin classified rental ads.
    Best place to start.

Comment

Rentals Illustrated would've been my recommendation. Though maybe it's easier to browse in hardcopy than online. And yes, the two major dailies are the default starting points. The Star-Bulletin classified ads and the Honolulu Advertiser classified ads.

Of course, the cool kids are over at Craigslist...

Just know that the rental market is painfully tight, with dozens of applicants for even the worst of available units, and "application fees" meaning you could be out hundreds of dollars without even getting a single call back.

Comment

I've been hearing horror stories of non-reimbursable application fees and multiple applicants herded into a rental to view it at the same time. It sounds like if you set something up in advance of your visit there's a good chance it will be gone by the time you get here. Sorry I don't have any constructive advice for you. Scary times in real estate.

Comment

Don't forget about the housing rentals section of Craig's List!

www.honolulu.craigslist.org

Comment

Working...
          X